fifth element > all other movies

Why doesn't fufu just read the rottentomatoes page for it like he does with every other film he watches?

The 5th Element is one of those remarkable films that you can channel surf to, right in the middle, and immediately get sucked into. I've seen the whole movie probably dozens of times through and every time it still gets me.

Not a lot of movies can do that :shrug:

it's called a casual film

it's like diet scifi for when you want to turn your brain off

doesn't exactly make it a great movie

you didn't like "twelve monkeys?" wtf is wrong with you.

love-hate relationship with many of his films actually, but they are all universally fucking nuts and somewhat hard to watch. i was just commenting that if you have such a reaction to one of his films, you will likely have the same in watching others.

I saw 5th Element in theaters and I remember being very disappointed in the plot. Why earth over the many other advanced civs? :/

Some Star Trek movies are pretty good.

There is a real lack of movies with advanced space ship to ship combat.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

6th Element > 5th Element.

6th Element is everything the 5th Element is, plus Chewbacca.

star-wars-episode-7-peter-mayhew-chewbacca.jpg

Some Star Trek movies are pretty good.

There is a real lack of movies with advanced space ship to ship combat.

oh yeah, like the one with john tesh where the voyager space probe returns commanding a gigantic unmanned alien to ask for new orders.

or the one where an unknown civilization threatens to blow up the earth because it can't hear whales anymore. Through space.

Or the one where Kirk, Spock, and McCoy find God, and blow him up.

Perhaps some later movies are up to par. Like the one where Picard finds a planet where people live forever, but the federation wants to let some aliens destroy it in return for some technical advice.

or the space ribbon that is like heaven, and some guy wants to blow up a planet to divert its course and get inside, instead of just flying a space craft into it.

oh yeah, like the one with john tesh where the voyager space probe returns commanding a gigantic unmanned alien to ask for new orders.

or the one where an unknown civilization threatens to blow up the earth because it can't hear whales anymore. Through space.

Or the one where Kirk, Spock, and McCoy find God, and blow him up.

Perhaps some later movies are up to par. Like the one where Picard finds a planet where people live forever, but the federation wants to let some aliens destroy it in return for some technical advice.

or the space ribbon that is like heaven, and some guy wants to blow up a planet to divert its course and get inside, instead of just flying a space craft into it.

Hater Alert

All hands to battle stations.

Back