fifth element > all other movies

oh yeah, like the one with john tesh where the voyager space probe returns commanding a gigantic unmanned alien to ask for new orders.

or the one where an unknown civilization threatens to blow up the earth because it can't hear whales anymore. Through space.

Or the one where Kirk, Spock, and McCoy find God, and blow him up.

Perhaps some later movies are up to par. Like the one where Picard finds a planet where people live forever, but the federation wants to let some aliens destroy it in return for some technical advice.

or the space ribbon that is like heaven, and some guy wants to blow up a planet to divert its course and get inside, instead of just flying a space craft into it.

You wisely didn't bring up Khan. Good boy.

I do like this movie.

Probably #3 on my sci fi list

1. Star Wars 4-6
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. 5th Element

Ok.... Everyone was hyping up Guardians of the Galaxy... and it was not that good.

And 5th Element is up there... but Contact is like top 5 worst movies. So this thread is all kinds of fucked up.

i love fifth element.

i like contact too, fuck off

also, galaxy quest is one of my favorites.

I thought Contact was just fine, although it wasn't very true to the book.

This thread is like every other opinion thread on TW--when 2 people have a disagreement in personal taste, the discussion spirals downward into estimating each other's IQ, questioning the sexual habits of either disputant, and finally, making conjecture about the moral compass of each others mother.

my top most re-watchable sci fi movies

1. fifth element
2. serenity
3. guardians of the galaxy (tbd)

There are other sci fi movies with more drama/serious feel to them (district 9, star wars 4-6, matrix) that would be in my top 10 sci fi list, but i don't find myself going back to those as much.

ive seen blade runner twice and didnt really like it either time as a movie...as a story its pretty cool. its a bit too slow paced for me. Maybe I've watched the wrong versions. I think I saw the directors cut and the extended theatrical release or something.

Last edited:
i was talking to a friend about Contact except i couldn't remember the title, or Jodie Fosters name

so i said 'u know that scifi movie with the horse-faced lesbo'

and without hesistation he replied 'yeah, Contact'

oh yeah, like the one with john tesh where the voyager space probe returns commanding a gigantic unmanned alien to ask for new orders.

or the one where an unknown civilization threatens to blow up the earth because it can't hear whales anymore. Through space.

Or the one where Kirk, Spock, and McCoy find God, and blow him up.

Perhaps some later movies are up to par. Like the one where Picard finds a planet where people live forever, but the federation wants to let some aliens destroy it in return for some technical advice.

or the space ribbon that is like heaven, and some guy wants to blow up a planet to divert its course and get inside, instead of just flying a space craft into it.

these are outstanding synopses.

Fifth Element is dope but don't forget
Robocop (the original)
Moon - do not sleep on this. It will fuck your head up for days.

the best thing about the fifth element is there isn't a fifth element 2 or something to fuck it up

Back