diablo 3

i think it makes game more interesting when u arent rushing to the boss

the 2 rares i got came off elites

Im sorry I dont feel like hunting around for it, but Blizz is programming in alot of gold sinks to moderate the amount of gold on the market, correct?

My years with EVE (masterfully managed economy) and beginning MMO experience with Anarchy Online (fucking cromag-managed one) has made me extremely critical of ingame econs and Im really hoping that Blizz does it right.

Just dont want to enjoy massing gold, only to have my earning diminished to nothing. Heh, find 3 SoJ's in d2. Come back after several months to find that 3 soj's can't buy dicksquat. (items will ofc be subject to massive inflation...except not in HC)

Yeah i don't understand economics in games at all, I'm sure EvE players have a much better understanding.

It would be nice to see the gold picked up actually be worth things. Basically it looks like you are going to be able to spend gold on a lot of stuff actually.

Yeah i don't understand economics in games at all, I'm sure EvE players have a much better understanding.

It would be nice to see the gold picked up actually be worth things. Basically it looks like you are going to be able to spend gold on a lot of stuff actually.

Yea, thats why Im soo excited. When wealth in games can buy you shit, thats awesome.

All they need though, is a way to charge fees to players: 5-10% commission on auction house buys; maybe a fee to start games in hell...that kind of stuff that can be both easily adjusted and have a meaningful impact on gold supply can keep the currency relevant.

Honestly, they're going to have to if gold = $$$, otherwise it'll get retarded quick. But I think the system will break. China will make soo much gold that they'll devalue gold to nothing. Any 'sinks' that Blizz will put in to counter the 'faucets' will either not be able to keep up, or will be soo oppressive to the casual player (so as to take gold from the rich chinamen) that it might just crush everything.

So, 10,000 chinamen looking to buy some food for their families, will farm the gold from monsters with perfect gold find (getting gold from kills is a faucet) that the gold supply will rise astronomically, thereby forcing blizz to increase any fee's or gold-losing-mechanisms (sinks) to try to counter the incredible rise in supply.

EVE never had the problem because there was still the barrier of taking your ingame value out of the game (RMT'ers still had to do shady against-EULA shit to extract dollars, not so here) but D3 might have a problem.

Unless blizz did some incredible things to prevent Azn and other non-US players from joining US West/East, I think this might devolve into a cat-tastophe.

Last edited:
Are the china servers going to be connected? I don't want to have to deal with that shit.

I have not played WoW or any mmo so if they are including weird MMO mechanics I have no idea wtf lol.

I played d2 single player with a group of other single player people on the diabloii.net forums, that shit was tight. No dupes/hacks, that shit was policed hardcore. I found a Jah rune and traded it to some dude for almost every unique in the game. Playing off bnet was fun with those guys because everything was legit.

So what kind of specs are users looking to have to run this at max settings in 1920x1080 or 1920x1200?

Back