diablo 3

Err.. i'm quite sure that the RMAH for hardcore mode has been confirmed a couple of days (weeks?) ago.

This is the latest I've seen about it.

YAYK8.png

LfXOi.png

WxxCW.png

it's nice, except that the sharpness filter makes a lot of text look awful

Just tried it again, text seems better with the use of the filter now. The min-map looks a little funky with the sharpness filter but overall the game looks much cleaner, you can see the detail in the textures.

Gold is shared between your characters, so the only gold you'll lose is probably whatever your lost equipment was worth.

A gold economy works fairly well in WoW, even though there's an "infinite" amount available. They just have to counter gold generators (killing stuff) with gold sinks. Paying to repair your gear, paying to craft items, fees for buying/selling on the auction house. In the same way that gold will magically appear in the game by killing monsters, it will magically disappear by spending it at NPCs.

They probably have statistical tools from WoW to measure how the gold flows in and out of the game, so that they can tweak things to achieve a balance.

Last edited:
but I feel like the rate of acquiring gold far outpaces the rate of spending it in the game

I never played WoW though so maybe it's not like it was in Diablo 2

i hope they dont let hardcore players spend money for gear. i'd like there to be a community in the game where you know everyone earned what they have.

wait when they say "gold only" auction house for hardcore, does that mean:

• you spend in-game gold to bid on AH items, with no real $ allowed?
OR
• you can only buy gold in the AH (using real $)?

but I feel like the rate of acquiring gold far outpaces the rate of spending it in the game

Yeah, they definitely paid FAR more attention to it in WoW than Diablo 2. With the real-money AH in D3 it will probably be watched even more closely

i hope they dont let hardcore players spend money for gear. i'd like there to be a community in the game where you know everyone earned what they have.

wait when they say "gold only" auction house for hardcore, does that mean:

• you spend in-game gold to bid on AH items, with no real $ allowed?
OR
• you can only buy gold in the AH (using real $)?

The first one, with in-game gold for items.

People will be spending real money to buy gear regardless of whether there are in-game methods for it or not. All the 3rd party infrastructure is already in place from WoW and Diablo 2, and you can bet your ass there are a ton of chinese gold farmers just drooling over selling to hardcore players

you're right, but d2's main problem was that repairing cost nothing and it was the only actual goldsink besides uh, potions (also dirt cheap) and gambling (a whole new problem in itself)

played for a bit tonight, like 3 or 4 cathedral runs. literally nothing worth keeping dropped (already killed SK). i find that to be fairly annoying. how about instead of SK dropping a bunch of random garbage, he drops something pretty decent once per run? and yeah, we hit up elite mobs along the way, nothing good dropping.

that's like saying bloodraven should be dropping uniques on normal every time you kill her

come on dudes, you're playing at like level 10.. you shouldn't be getting jack shit for drops yet

Back