Next Generation Xbox - May 21st

I never said people liked Steam

I said it wasn't shit

in fact I specifically stated nerds will rage about any small adjustment in their lives because they're idiot loser nerds

if nerds didn't hate on Steam, it wasn't doing it right

xbone's entire "experience" just sounds like shit. in theory it's not even a good system

That's parallel to the entire point I was making (the one you would have seen if you had any sort of reading comprehension):

Nerds on the internet are raging over the DRM but the masses and their target audience don't know or give a fuck about it. The Xbone's demise will be in it's pricing first and foremost.

I'm sure that's how you felt about Steam's DRM and no used sales too at first.

Perry_Ryan1.JPG

I know because I was 10 years old at the time

the next time Tribalwar needs advice on if a girl like likes or just likes me, we'll be sure to ask

you're also probably the authority on whatever shitty music comes out of the radio these days and some new skateboard that's only got one and a half wheels and connects to your iphone's toaster HUD

until then you can quiet down you fuckin kid

tell us more about the next big doodle jump or angry birds ripoff

hey do u like tower defence?? its like my favourite game

That's parallel to the entire point I was making (the one you would have seen if you had any sort of reading comprehension):

Nerds on the internet are raging over the DRM but the masses and their target audience don't know or give a fuck about it. The Xbone's demise will be in it's pricing first and foremost.
the price is fine...people are making it sound like its groundbreaking. It includes the kinect and cheaper than the ps3 was. It will sell fine.

Pagy is ding ding correctoooo -- But.

More specifically, people that buy the more expensive console typically buy both.

The price thing is a huge tie breaker. Not all "fan" groups already have such cemented opinions as the forum trolls here.

All these cameras/kinetic drm bullshit is just another way for NSA to watch and monitor you now in your home. Also it is a great distraction to keep you compliant and tolerant of you civil liberties being taken away from you.

And you are paying for it.

Do not forget M$ and Sony both pull down their pants when asked to give the government information about you. Enjoy the firework show zombies

I'm not buying either...........unless Dead Rising 3 takes care of those god awful loading screens

I have no doubt the xbone one will be at least a mild success, but I honestly think it spells the end in consumer trust for MS as a console manufacturer. They've really gone off the deep end this time, and whether the xbone has staying power or not depends what they do in the future. but I still think they might lose this console generation depending on how Sony handles it, and losing one console generation can spell disaster.. look at Nintendo right now

All these cameras/kinetic drm bullshit is just another way for NSA to watch and monitor you now in your home. Also it is a great distraction to keep you compliant and tolerant of you civil liberties being taken away from you.

And you are paying for it.

Do not forget M$ and Sony both pull down their pants when asked to give the government information about you. Enjoy the firework show zombies

I'm not buying either...........unless Dead Rising 3 takes care of those god awful loading screens

They said no loading screens during the presentation.

Yes, that's why I directly compared some of the features to PC alternatives in my own post. I am a PC gamer too, you know. That doesn't make me any less happy that these things are being implemented well into consoles, which I spend significantly more time playing on because there are more, better games available on them.

Although I can't think of any PC services I've used where I could play games as I downloaded them, or take over someone's controller while watching them, or pre-download content based on guessing what you might want (not manually). The fact that such things will be standard in a console used by millions is great.

Well, any MMORPG from the last 5 years or so has allowed you to play while downloading. Blizzard did it through their launcher for D3 as well.

I'd also like to ask wtf is everyone going on about steam for? You realize that in the realm of digital media and DRM, Xbone will be a lot more like Origin than Steam. GG to all you apologists trying to convince anyone that xbone will be no different than the (quality of) service steam provides.

There's something unique in Valve that you don't really see from these other companies - and that's a desire to satisfy their customers. Valve lets you import non-steam games into your library. They let you register keys purchased from other retailers as if it was paid through steam (allowing you to uses Valve's dl/patching services). They've facilitated the modding community in a massive way with their workshop shit for games like TF2 or Skyrim. Their greenlight project lets steam users recommend/upvote which indy projects get released/featured on steam. Valve puts games on sale every day/weekend/holiday blowout. They often put up free access to a game for a weekend....

I wouldn't expect MS to provide anything like that. Especially since what we've seen from them so far is restrictions and control and a lack of doing anything in the interest of the consumer... sounds a lot like Origin. I'll stick to PC and buy my retail games at 75%+ discounts.

I have no doubt the xbone one will be at least a mild success, but I honestly think it spells the end in consumer trust for MS as a console manufacturer. They've really gone off the deep end this time, and whether the xbone has staying power or not depends what they do in the future. but I still think they might lose this console generation depending on how Sony handles it, and losing one console generation can spell disaster.. look at Nintendo right now

All of this.

:sunny:

Why would that require 24-hour check-ins? You've been able to download full games via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network for the whole last generation without any kind of online checking.

Could you sell the downloaded full games? No. With the old digital download system, once you owned a game there was no way to stop owning the game. The new system allows you to sell that game, and thus no longer own it. Part of the 24 hour check is to see if you do or don't own it.

You think publishers would like it if you could load your system with games, trade them in, and then keep playing them offline forever?

Could you sell the downloaded full games? No. With the old digital download system, once you owned a game there was no way to stop owning the game. The new system allows you to sell that game, and thus no longer own it. Part of the 24 hour check is to see if you do or don't own it.

You think publishers would like it if you could load your system with games, trade them in, and then keep playing them offline forever?

pretty sure game developers figured this out about 10 years ago with a concept called cd-keys

fuck yourself you nerd apologist

pretty sure game developers figured this out about 10 years ago with a concept called cd-keys

fuck yourself you nerd apologist

CD Keys never stopped you from re-using the CD key at your friends house, and playing both of them at the same time (offline). This is what they are trying to stop.

There was also never a proper system for buying/selling CD-keys. That I ever knew of at least. You were basically flying blind, hoping that the seller didn't reuse the key (or it was banned from online, etc).

CD Keys never stopped you from re-using the CD key at your friends house, and playing both of them at the same time (offline). This is what they are trying to stop.

it takes a quick one-time pre or post-install authentication to ensure nobody is "pirating" the game, especially on a fucking console where you can't just go in and start editing/playing around with files. put cd in, install/authenticate, either someone else is using the key or its yours, play forever

there's absolutely no reason for this 24 hour bullshit, you're just a loser nerd

ed-

and no way good way to buy/sell cd-keys? hm I'm sure an enormous company like Microsoft could probably put together a reliable service for it on their own fucking console

Last edited:
Back