[STEAM] Trading Cards

So do you only get a set number of cards a week or something? I've been playing a good amount of dota and seem to have stopped getting cards (none at all today in fact). It was nice selling a few to pay for keys to unlock chests there for a while.

You only get a set number period. Then you have to rely on random booster packs.

do you have to have the game open to get booster packs or do you need to just log into steam once a week to have a chance?

Alan Wake has cards now. I left L4D2 running last night for 8 hours and a single card didn't drop. I wonder if they have changed how often cards drop.

yeah i checked out the steam discussion forums and looks like tons of people having this problem - people aren't sure if valve upped the drop time or if there is a bug or something

now when you craft badges you get a 'mystery card' with no other info other than 'you might want to hang onto this' - i think they are going for around $1.20 each

now when you craft badges you get a 'mystery card' with no other info other than 'you might want to hang onto this' - i think they are going for around $1.20 each

Is that always or random? When I crafted 2 badges days ago all I got was coupons, backgrounds and emotes.

Maybe vALVE learned their lesson from TF2 item drops... and you can't just be an idle bot, but actually have to play the game to trigger a drop.

Back