[STEAM] Trading Cards

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
What are Steam Trading Cards?
Steam Trading Cards are collectible cards you get by playing games on Steam. Collect a set of cards to earn items that help you customize your profile and show off your gameplay.

How can I get trading cards?
You can get trading cards simply by playing one of the participating games. As you play, you'll occasionally receive trading card drops which will be placed in your Steam Inventory.

Is there a limit to how many trading cards can drop?
Most games will drop a number of cards equal to about half the number of cards in that game's set of cards. For example, Half-Life 2 has 8 cards in its set, you can receive 4 card drops by playing it. You'll need to collect the other half of the set from other community members. Try the beta group discussions, community market, barter with friends, and trade discussions. You can check how many drops you have remaining on your badges page.

What about free to play games like Team Fortress 2 or Dota 2?
Free to play games drop game cards based on your in-game purchasing. For every $9 USD spent (approximate) since the start of the Steam Trading Card Beta, you will earn one card drop. This card will drop at some point as you play. If you have made in-game purchases in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2 prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you owned Team Fortress 2 prior to the Free to Play update, you will have 4 or 5 additional card drops available.

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Steam Community :: Steam Trading Cards

Games that have trading cards:

Company of Heroes 2
Borderlands 2
Sanctum 2
Don't Starve
Counter-Strike GO
L4D2
Portal 2
Monaco
Defenders Quest
HL2
Strike Suit Infinity
Zack Zero
TF2
Bit Trip Runner 2
Brutal Legend
FTL:
Cubemen2
Super Meat boy
Anodyne
Monster Loves You
Go Home Dinosaurs
Trine 2
Zombie Driver HD
Triple Town
Magicka
Tower Wars
Serious Same 3
They Bleed Pixels
Jagged Alliance
Blocks That Matter
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
A.R.E.S
Dota 2
123 kick it

It's been in beta for awhile. Basically you get trading cards as inventory drops for playing the games listed, you can then craft them into badges and put them on your profile.

You can also sell the cards on the community market which uses steam wallet funds.

Already idled in all games i have cards for. A couple foil cards dropped. Up to $38 in my steam wallet. Get @ me steam sale.

People are retarded.

So play game, get money.

Sort of. You only get a set number of card drops (half of the number of cards needed to collect them all) then you can get a booster pack of 3 cards but it's harder to collect.

Taking for example the FTL cards... Most common cards are selling for about $0.35 each right now. Special 'foil' cards sell for around $2.31 or so.

do they really drop from just idling in the game? or do they drop from specific things you do in the game?

also is there a good website to see what people are paying for on steam?

for example i have a bunch of tf2 hats i never use...i would like to know how much they are worth

do they really drop from just idling in the game? or do they drop from specific things you do in the game?

for example i have a bunch of tf2 hats i never use...i would like to know how much they are worth

Just idling works. Don't need to do anything in game at all. For BL2 I just idled on the launch menu.

Also, when you have an item you can sell, steam will pop up a thing that shows you the prices that have been paid for it over the last x amount of days so you know where the market is at. I usually just sell at a cent or two below what the normal going price is and it gets scooped quickly.

Also, you can search any item in the marketplace and see what it's listed at and it's sale history.

As for tf2 hats, only certain ones (genuines/vintages/unusuals) can be sold. So there's that.

Does idling at the title screen count?

Idling at title works

Go to Community > Market

And you can search for stuff there.

tradingcardgg.bmp

Hrm, I haven't really played anything in months but I guess it won't hurt to idle. I even have one of my laptops at work!

huh, apparently if i sell all my hats in my inventory (that i've mostly gotten from preorders, etc) for the lowest price on the marketplace, i can get about $50

Looks like they'll be adding CKII, Psychonauts, The Binding of Isaac, Offspring Fling as well, as I have entries for those but they aren't listed on the page yet.

Back