Premarital Catholic Retreat

Getting married by a friend thats getting a temp license.

Fuck getting married int he church, some old crusty priest aint telling me shit.

meh i d have no problem doing this if my gf wanted a catholic wedding

having a catholic wedding requires shit like promising to raise your kids as catholics too

heaven forbid they make up their own minds, you gotta start brainwashing them from day one

if i had to pick the religious group i despise the most, it'd be catholics.   and jews. and muslims.  

Last edited:
Day One:
Limited access to phone. 35 couples and my hopes of some sort of "Real World vs Road Rules Challenge" scenario were quickly silenced. We sit around and write answers to questions and then read them to each other. I think im winning the question game.

We were supposed to bring a snack and a drink, I brought a thing of apple juice and cookies from Costco. Some assholes brought an 8 pack of 8oz Gatorade.

We have to sleep in separate rooms but then we have to share them with other random people. My room mate is boring and kind of creepy.

Your kids are going to get Sandusky'd. Grats!

I'm proud of you. You don't need your phone or internet. You are finding your faith, your wife, and your humanity. You are making yourself a better person. This is all junk. Your experience with God and your wife is life. You are living right now.

See
Now you really know it was a stupid idea. Leave and live your happy life as you two make it up on your own. Fuck the church that binds.

you'renevergoingtochangemyworldyou'reallliarsi'vegottogetoutyou'renevergoingtochainmyworldyou'reallliarsi'vegottogetoutyou'renevergoingtomaimmyworldyou'reallliars
the human soul is always free

Last edited:
I was raised catholic but I don't go anymore because I got blackmailed into leaving a catholic parish in Massachusetts because they found out I was gay

having a catholic wedding requires shit like promising to raise your kids as catholics too

heaven forbid they make up their own minds, you gotta start brainwashing them from day one

if i had to pick the religious group i despise the most, it'd be catholics.   and jews. and muslims.  
i hear you

but the shit you say and promise infront of some old dude doesnt need to mean anything.

ugh....

sunday school, saturday school, friday mass, sunday mass and some shit i had to do on wednesdays after school in order to get communion and.... give them part of my allowance when i could have been buying more Star Wars cards.

Day two was odd.

Started out with the older volunteer couple talking awkwardly about "love making", then transitioned into the younger couple telling us about their trip to Africa where a hippo ripped one of the people they met on their trip our of the canoe they were in and then killed him. This transitioned into them talking about how when you are married you'll always have someone to comfort you during tough times. Which makes sense unless your husband/wife gets killed by a fucking hippo.

Then the older couple got to tell us more about "love making" and the "Natural Family Planning" which is one of the dumber things I've ever heard.

Overall it really hasn't been that bad though, its been more about relationship advice than trying to force scripture on us. We have already discussed pretty much everything they are covering on our own, but it's not terrible and I think it could be helping some or the younger couples, some or whom really shouldn't be getting married from the way they talk to each other.

Met a cool couple that lives near us, and get to go home tomorrow. Hopefully early enough for the Seahawks game.

Honestly it really hasn't been that bad.

Back