Premarital Catholic Retreat

Jodofett, please ignore everything I have said in other threads. You are doing a good thing. Catholics believe in an eternal God and Saviour. The Sacrament of marriage is the most important decision you make as a Christian.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.

You are such an idiot.

Edit: :picard:

The Apostles Creed is worth quoting, even though your intentions are wrong and insincere. I hope you will read the words you quoted.

Required to get married in Catholic Church. You either do a weekend retreat or like 6 weeks of evening classes. I'll take two days over every night for a month.

Doesn't really sound like you want to do it. If it was something I wanted to do then every night for a month sounds good!

are you about to die or something. cuz youve tripled your religiderping

I want you to be happy, HaPpy. I want you to know eternal life with your creator. I'm not being mean or judging, I just want you to know that we have a saviour who died for us. He rose from the dead. And He will return. He will call His people.

Disregard my trolling on this board. I do not want any person of any race to lose salvation. God loves all people, and He chooses all people. But, we have to accept His call.

it'll totally be worth it as someone who plans to strictly follow the Catholic faith until death do you part

faggot

I married a catholic girl. We got legally married first in Scotland, in a registry wedding. A couple of years later we decided to have a 'celebration' and went to the local church.

I'm no religion, I've been married before, and by the time we did this celebration, we had 2 kids..

The priest wanted to christen me, I told him good luck with that, so that didn't happen. I even had to borrow a wedding ring from my brother in law for him to do some hoodoo voodoo involving spraying water on it. I had to get a letter from my ex-wife and and the local diocese showing that the marriage had ended and that there was permission to do so. My divorce certificate obviously wasn't enough.

In the end, I bargained with him. To have a service in his church, I'll give him €250 and we can forget about all the other shite. 'Surprisingly' he took it. Once there's money involved, they're willing to 'bend the rules'. Whores.

Oh yeah, I'm in Ireland too, so Catholicism is still obviously a big part of life, I'm surprised we got away with it to be honest.

My kids are christened and catholic, they fit into society here and I don't really have a problem with them learning religion. The basic moral rights is taught. In a few years when they're ready to question it, it'll be easier. They know I'm no religion. I've attended the first one's communion, the second daughter's will be next year. I don't go to any masses otherwise, or to church at all. Their grandmother likes to take them now and then, and as mentioned I don't mind.

But I don't appreciate people attempting to force it on me, and that line has been heavily drawn, and people now know my boundaries.

If the OP wants to marry into the church, he has to abide by some guidelines (pre-marital courses) and it is his choice. Suck it up, listen but don't take it in and get through it.

Then live your own life, forgetting about all the shite.

Last edited:
Back