Premarital Catholic Retreat

JodoFett

Contributor
Veteran XX
Day One:
Limited access to phone. 35 couples and my hopes of some sort of "Real World vs Road Rules Challenge" scenario were quickly silenced. We sit around and write answers to questions and then read them to each other. I think im winning the question game.

We were supposed to bring a snack and a drink, I brought a thing of apple juice and cookies from Costco. Some assholes brought an 8 pack of 8oz Gatorade.

We have to sleep in separate rooms but then we have to share them with other random people. My room mate is boring and kind of creepy.

Thats lame as fuck. You could be like the acceptable Muslims to the liberal population and just declare your bitch(s) and fuck them at your leisure.

We didn't get here until like 8 tonight so I might have more interesting news from the inside tomorrow.

I'm proud of you. You don't need your phone or internet. You are finding your faith, your wife, and your humanity. You are making yourself a better person. This is all junk. Your experience with God and your wife is life. You are living right now.

Jodofett, please ignore everything I have said in other threads. You are doing a good thing. Catholics believe in an eternal God and Saviour. The Sacrament of marriage is the most important decision you make as a Christian.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.

Why would you marry someone who would require something of you that you don't want to do?

Did I say I was against it? It's strange but im hardly a prisoner here. Really its kind of nice to get away from work and everything for a few days. I'm Catholic too so it's not exactly an unfamiliar thing for me although she is certainly more religious than me.

Why would you marry someone who would require something of you that you don't want to do?

God takes the junk of our lives and changes us. A catholic retreat for marriage is a beautiful and necessary declaration of faith and commitment. How dare you question the faith and salvation of other people. Just because you lack faith does not mean other people lack faith.

There is one God, and His Son is Jesus Christ. His Blood saves us all, if we will accept it.

God has chosen His people. You are following His path. It is not your choice. Our God is sovereign. He has decided who His people will be. We know we are called because we are called. Your faith will grow as you experience our Saviour through the sacraments and tradition of the Catholic Church. I am excited for you.

Back