Buying a diamond

Plug

Veteran X
I'm in the market for a 1 carat or better. Problem is I have no idea of what is a good price for one. I don't want something that is going to have several flaws but at the same time I wouldn't mind having one that would rate a 7-8 on a 1 to 10 scale. What is considered a good price for what I am looking for and how hard is it to find one at that price.

Don't go by their color and clarity ratings. Go by how it looks to you (or by which one "sings" to you if you want to get all gay about it).

I wound up getting a 1c diamond with a better than average color but was slightly included (had some specks in it). The specks weren't easily visible to me and were focused in one tiny area that would be covered by the ring prongs anyways. Basically, I picked the one that looked the best to me.

I think I paid like $4000 for it. I'm sure it wasn't a great deal, but we had a bunch of store credit from Diamonds International (a touristy retail store), so we spent it on a wedding ring.

Seriously, fuck cut and clarity. No one gives a shit about it.

Sacrifice cut and clarify for size. Your bitch with thank you for it by wrapping her lips around your pecker.

I know they are making some pretty decent jewelry grade diamonds now. It is just not well-known about for obvious reasons. It may not have any inclusions, but it will also have that stigma of being man made. It will also not have the stigma of being from a violent area like West Africa. So it depends on what you want to do... too sentimental and pinned on what whoever you give it to thinks about its source.

Get the synthetic diamond. 99.9% identical to one dug out of the earth. No blood on it, waaaay cheaper. The lady will not know the difference if you never tell her.

we went with an estate ring from the turn of the century (19th to 20th I mean)... this ensured max nig-nog suffering in it's creation.

do you uh, know the cut, color and clarity scale?
do you want flawless, flawless to the naked eye, internal flaws???
theres a ton of things to look at when deciding
if you are in the central texas area i know a guy who can get you something really really nice for a really good deal.

Back