Buying a diamond

Who the fuck really cares if some niggers killed each other to get some diamonds? Bunch of pussy faggots in here...

And :lol: at Hillary Duff sequence

There's no law regulating disclosure. The companies producing real synthetic diamonds for the jewelry industry all laser etch their gems (greater than 0.20ct) voluntarily to promote consumer confidence.

Apollo
Chatham Jewelry: Smart. Beautiful. Real.
Gemesis cultured diamonds, fancy color diamonds, fancy color diamond jewelry, lab grown diamonds
Welcome to Tairus.com

Apollo uses the CVD method for nearly 100% pure diamonds with perfect crystal structures -- at a cost of about $5.00 per carat. :lol: Go read about it. It's very cool shit.

Wired 11.09: The New Diamond Age

Good read. I wonder what the current status on this technology is. That wired article was written 7 years ago :shock:

Get the synthetic diamond. 99.9% identical to one dug out of the earth. No blood on it, waaaay cheaper. The lady will not know the difference if you never tell her.

I'm a geologist and this is exactly what I'm going to do, it's just a shiny rock.

Unless you're marrying a money grubbing whore you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

i got a grade d half carat circle cut for $450

place went bankrupt and were having a clearance thing

pretty great

I'm a geologist and this is exactly what I'm going to do, it's just a shiny rock.

Unless you're marrying a money grubbing whore you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I'm a geologist and I bought a fucking blood diamond. It's just a shiny rock.

Those canadian diamonds are expensive.

I'm a geologist and I bought a fucking blood diamond. It's just a shiny rock.

Those canadian diamonds are expensive.
not to mention it would help fund that evil terrorist government of canaduh who keeps sending illegals south of the border to infiltrate our film and television media.

my recommendation is to buy the most expensive diamond you can find, even if it means going far beyond your means

that's how you prove true love, and when the whore leaves you, at least you won't regret it because you'll know you gave the relationship everything you had and it just wasn't meant to be

Don't go by their color and clarity ratings. Go by how it looks to you (or by which one "sings" to you if you want to get all gay about it).

I wound up getting a 1c diamond with a better than average color but was slightly included (had some specks in it). The specks weren't easily visible to me and were focused in one tiny area that would be covered by the ring prongs anyways. Basically, I picked the one that looked the best to me.

I think I paid like $4000 for it. I'm sure it wasn't a great deal, but we had a bunch of store credit from Diamonds International (a touristy retail store), so we spent it on a wedding ring.

My Grandfather was a Jeweler but had retired and sold his business to a friend, so we had the frind Design a custom ring. We had went and discussed the idea almost 8 months before I proposed, and then on the sly i paid him to actually create what she had designed. She originally wanted a blue diamond, but then we saw the cost for a real one, and she really cared more about the color and style than the cost, so we actuallyw ent with an aquamarine the same tone as the blue diamond she loved. Someone somewhere has a similar ring of course (only so many different style) but it is pretty cool knowing that it is almost unique. The family friend even added and extra 10 tiny diamonds and change the band somewhat from her design, and it made it better and she liked it more. .75 ct quality Aquamarine, 1 ct total diamonds on the band, White Gold, custom design - $1800. He made about $100 on it in the end, but considering my grandfather sold him his business he was more than happy to give back (Im an only grandchild so he only had to do it once.)

They also told me the scale of markups for Jewelry stores, and it is atrocious. Depending on the "Name" of the Store you are paying anywhere from 300% to 500% markup, unless you are getting something from a friend. On the high end youve got Robbins bros, sittin in the 500-550% area. Mall Stores Like Zales or Ben Bridge are usually int he 400% range. Places like the Jewelry Exchange are usually at 300%. As I Said thats as good as it gets unless you know somebody. Happy Hunting.

P.S. - All Markup % are on their "Retail Value" which is why Zales can sell you shit for 50% off this item only, and still make double their cost.

depends on the color you want (D-Z), along with clarity of course

Someone explain plz?

Don't go by their color and clarity ratings. Go by how it looks to you (or by which one "sings" to you if you want to get all gay about it).

I wound up getting a 1c diamond with a better than average color but was slightly included (had some specks in it). The specks weren't easily visible to me and were focused in one tiny area that would be covered by the ring prongs anyways. Basically, I picked the one that looked the best to me.

I think I paid like $4000 for it. I'm sure it wasn't a great deal, but we had a bunch of store credit from Diamonds International (a touristy retail store), so we spent it on a wedding ring.

Nobody has said anything about the price this guy paid? Too much??? Good deal????

don't get shit from bluenile

a decent 1 kt is going to run you 2-3k

Can anyone confirm this???

Don't buy a fake diamond. Just buy a real diamond on the cheap.

The idea of this thread is to find out what a "real diamond on the cheap" consist of and what that price is. Thank you for playing but please come back when you have some real information.

If you are concerned about the whole blood diamond issue just get one that is certified non-blood diamond or whatever they call it. I bought a 1 ct Canadian diamond that guaranteed it wasn't a blood diamond. I paid a lot of but you get peace of mind and your woman will see how much you care blah blah etc........

ehhhh sorry bro but I'm not losing any sleep over some dude in another country getting abused/killed because of diamonds. Call me an asshole but it is what it is.... Sorry, but I guess that is a dead issue with me.

Too True. Of course it is the last one you will ever get.

Actually it depends on the woman. Married 2 years next month and I get more Bjs now than when we were int he first 6 months of the relationship. And we havent even had our Honeymoon phase yet. Had a roomate this whole time.. and she moves out next month. My wife has already warned our friends that they wont see much of us until August/Sept.

PROP - Go here: http://www.jewelryexchange.com/DiamondResults.aspx - Read about the 4 Cs. You will understand then that you can get a 1ct ring low quality for under a grand in some places, and there are .5 ct rings that can cost 25,000 if it is a high quality blue diamond. It really depends on what the woman wants, and what her priorities are. Size , vs Color, vs Clarity. If shes demand it be 1.5+ carats.. hell if she DEMANDs anything about the Symbol of your wanting to marry here.. shes not worth a dime. But you have to kind of find out details ont he sly. Or ask a Sister, Female Friend of hers, Mom etc, but ONLY if you honestly trust them to keep it a secret. On Average if you arent going super high quality , the 2k-3k for a 1ct ring is about spot on. Krustyy probably overpaid, but he said that himself and had credit at the store.

Last edited:
Don't buy a fake diamond. Just buy a real diamond on the cheap.

It's not a fake diamond. It's just man made, and it's completely identical to a natural diamond.

Just don't tell your woman it's synthetic. Even after I explained to them that it's not fake, most girls I've talked to have said they would be really upset if they got a "fake" diamond instead of a real one. Woman are crazy.

Get the synthetic diamond. 99.9% identical to one dug out of the earth. No blood on it, waaaay cheaper. The lady will not know the difference if you never tell her.
This.

Until she goes to get it appraised and divorces you
If she did, that'd only save him the hassle of slowly figuring out that she's a vapid cunt years down the road when they have kids.

good luck for you I am in the diamond selling market.

I gots Goatsmond, tubmond and horsedongmond

Back