anyone into racing games / sims?

yeah you can even do budget headtracking with just a webcam and some free software called OpenTrack and AITrack...works pretty good and imo helps see the track and apexes a lot better

TrackIR5 (what I sold to Nmag) is fucking sick though. That's what I'm using in the Aces High vid I posted earlier

Did you use it for racing or nah? Seems like it'd be pretty helpful to have a good peripheral view

Then again I'm a reject and extra monitors aren't really that expensive

I used TrackIR for flight sim

I messed with OpenTrack/webcam option for headtracking for racing (I was so pissed at myself for selling the TrackIR lol), and it worked great and very useful except it would occasionally glitch out due to sunlight or something...and that's too risky and potentially race ruining. Could be worth trying in your basement to see how it works with your particular location and hardware :roller:

triples or VR is the ultimate option though!

if you don't have sound deadening and theater curtains in your basement you're not a real gamer

lmfao sunlight

weird I live in n cal near the san andreas and we have basements

maybe you mean volcanos

I do be hitting that volcano

getting blazed and simracing there's a fine line between accessing flow state and being totally in the zone, and getting distracted thinking about something funny, missing your braking point and hitting a wall

I use the one I got off Slinky, it's awesome for DCS which supports it. Here is list of games that it supports.

TrackIR

Then if you want to run multiple monitors, you research to see if the game supports that too. DCS supports 3 monitors.

Many car sims will support both.

Shit son I didn't think about head tracking... I'm already daydreaming about a triple monitor setup but maybe that's a good compromise?

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Next Generation of Head and Eye Tracking

Works for flight sim.. have no idea how it does for racing. No head gear required

20230423-155745.jpg

Back