anyone into racing games / sims?

Is the netcode good for these online sims? Like no stuttering and weird latency shit when racing online? I know it all depends on a good connection and distance to server but still... I imagine iRacing has that shit down 100

Are you guys running shifters? The guy I'm buying my platform from is offering me a Frex H pattern shifter at a good price.

Differences between Project Cars and AC?

You can mod the shit out of AC

Yeah I played with it last night just to set things up... got the content manager thing and downloaded some visual and weather filters etc. Looks pretty good

Dont have my steering and pedals set up yet so I didn't do any driving

will summarize my experience doing MP stuff (I have like 200x more experience with iRacing than anything else, so somewhat slanted) ...

ACC with 1 friend in France, from NZ: no lag and no noticeable issues racing side by side

GT7 with 11-15 console users from Aus, NZ, Japan: occasionally notice another car blinking or jerking around due to their shitty connection, no other problems

iRacing with drivers from all over the world (I often have 230-300 ping, yours would be much better) is mostly impressively stable. It's not unusual to see another car blinking because of their bad connection, which can be tricky to deal with.

The other way netcode manifests is collision detection, depending on everyone's connection you can potentially get situations where on your screen you don't touch, but the server thinks you did and you get pushed off or take damage.

Despite my high ping this doesn't seem to happen to me and I almost never notice netcode issues. See this vid of some close racing in PA league for example:

However the guy here who donated my rig to me complains about netcode a lot, I figure he must just have a shitty ISP

sure beats him whining about american politics all day, that's for sure. good job, groombz.

4332233.jpg

im interested in learning more about this guy that 'donated' his iRacing setup to gumby.

:lol:

he's ian_bevan on Twitch (and to be pedantic it was just a metal frame for a rig, not a whole setup)

20200902-185547.jpg

one of those super fast guys (simracing nomenclature is 'alien')

I was checking out his stream and he was building a new rig and saying it was expensive af, I asked if he sold the old one to help pay for it, he said nope, you can have it if you want

gg

the monitor stand was missing a crucial part which made it not quite perfect, but I've binned it now that I've got a heavy duty monitor arm attached to my desk :cool:

re: your insinuation, sex work 100% paid for my ps5 :lol:

I was gonna get something like yours or a next level F-GT frame but some dude in a facebook group offered me this one for C$500 Im gonna grab it

apparently these aluminum profile ones are the way to go for rigidity and expandability...

qOpFvvg.png

he's ian_bevan on Twitch (and to be pedantic it was just a metal frame for a rig, not a whole setup)

20200902-185547.jpg

one of those super fast guys (simracing nomenclature is 'alien')

I was checking out his stream and he was building a new rig and saying it was expensive af, I asked if he sold the old one to help pay for it, he said nope, you can have it if you want

the monitor stand was missing a crucial part which made it not quite perfect, but I've binned it now that I've got a heavy duty monitor arm attached to my desk :cool:

and yep re: broken wrists...the guy who donated the frame for my rig to me had this setup with a fuckin emergency stop button...be careful with those DDs

20200830-141859.jpg

funnily enough he was another Ian from the UK who moved to Wellington

I'd be interested in a picture of your current setup, not the guy setup that donated the frame.

apparently these aluminum profile ones are the way to go for rigidity and expandability...

yep that's what I hear too...really needs to be sturdy to handle a DD wheel

I'd be interested in a picture of your current setup, not the guy setup that donated the frame.

20240112-085634.jpg

20240112-085652.jpg

it's changed a lot, but this is the current config!

I've got it set up so it's real easy to switch between PC/PS5

slinky is to racing as kurayami was to planes

Cold

Hard

Fax

I'm not actually particularly knowledgeable about cars or planes though :spineyes: just a few aspects of both hobbies

I was actually REALLY into an online ww2 flight sim called Aces High over 10 years ago when I was still in the UK...the servers were too empty in NZ times, so I had to pack it in...but it was fantastic fun

I learned a bit about planes and a lot about dogfighting tactics and maneuvers

there are a couple of PSVR2 flight sim games coming soon and I am really hoping to bust out my HOTAS :brows: and reuse some of those skills

Back