anyone into racing games / sims?

racing pedals are very different to rudder pedals in how the mechanism works

you can get a HOTAS where the throttle has a rocker switch for the rudder, obviating the need for flight sim pedals

the cheap one I have with that function is T Flight HOTAS 4 (PS and PC). I do have a good CH stick and Saitek pedals stashed away though in case I ever get back into a space or flight sim on PC

The depth you feel is necessary is entirely subjective. But yes.. for immersion I would say that is the minimum

I am using my old thrustmaster t flight pedals I bought for dual racing and flying.. the racing just never took hold

racing pedals are very different to rudder pedals in how the mechanism works

you can get a HOTAS where the throttle has a rocker switch for the rudder, obviating the need for flight sim pedals

the cheap one I have with that function is T Flight HOTAS 4 (PS and PC). I do have a good CH stick and Saitek pedals stashed away though in case I ever get back into a space or flight sim on PC

Yeah I know how my dad's pedals are but maybe for casual MSFS use my throttle and clutch pedals would be ok. Load cell brake obviously not

I always found helicopters interesting is a joystick enough? Or do they have some other weird controls?

Or do what I did.. buy used sections doesn't even have to be same brand.. they are all mostly the same so break out a welder to make it the way you need it. The brand new cockpits are way way overpriced and if you can weld and run a band saw.. you can make a better frame. The seat was tricky.. thought just get a wrecked car seat.. it ended up being cheaper to the seat from a sim place and then since it is so simply constructed you can add more padding which you will need. Stingy bastards

Damn that looks slick. I'm gonna have to get some basic controls for it. Would a joystick and rudder pedals be the bare minimum? I could use my racing pedals I guess.

Flight bare minimum: I think a flight stick with Z axiz (throttle) and twist for rudder control. The standard good Logitechs will do.

Car Sim bare minimum: Wheel with analog levers, some buttons and no pedals. Like I said earlier sitting at a desk the pedals can be annoying. Often you will be faster on the more arcade sims with digital binary (keyboard only) input but the wheel makes it so much more fun.

Originally Posted by amRam View Post
He thinks starting a 737 from cold/dark is fun

Took me 3 weeks to learn to cold start KA-50 in DCS as it's so realistic, but worth it. Then theres flying, landing, navigating, targeting, weapons, countermeasures, squad communications (KA-50 has functionality for this), and reacting to alarms and systems failures all assisted by incredible options in auto flight modes to allow a single seater pilot who does it all.

When I just in the cold KA-50, turn the speaker volume up, and get things cranking it's exciting enough just sitting in the taxiway. The sound of the APO coming on and off with the two engines firing up. The thing is a 16t flying tank with two props spinning in opposite direction, no tail prop, that can do a loop-de-loop and carry devastating firepower. Jets will destroy it quickly. Glass cannon with wings. Has an ejection seat. Blows the props off before ejecting.

Cold start (old BS2 model). He makes a mistake and has to wind down and start again:

Blackshark 3 is the module to get if you want to fly KA-50:

Comparing 2 to 3

Looks better closer up (where his head is):

1995-2002 jeep Cherokee seats are awesome, we used them to build garage chairs. So comfy. Or ikea chairs , wish airplanes would use them

Picked up my platform today :cheers:

0192024171720.jpg

very nice dude! look forward to seeing it come together

24h of Daytona is just starting right now on iRacing...gonna be watching some of my team try to keep it on the track. I've done that one twice, once in GT3 and once in an LMP2

The guy I bought the rig from was rushing home because his team was doing the 24h Daytona today :lol:

Yeah I'm stoked. Got my pedals and a shifter today too. Gonna mount everything up this weekend, hopefully move my PC down next week.

I am super fucking stoked I got a Saitek yoke throttle and rudder peddle set coming.

Now with the new MS flight sim this year will be set.

The comp I built my dad runs msfs very nicely on the huge Samsung 49" monitor, on a 3060ti

I'm really impressed with the quality of this Moza gear. For "entry level" sim stuff it's really really well made

0192024221959.jpg

Back