were you privileged growing up?

up and down over the years so yes and no

always lived in nice areas tho other than that year i lived beside warden woods

DuaUXh8UYAAge-J.jpg

it was the best of times.......it was also the worst of times

rip

31c145ec0b60d4ef330a8995d74233e0.jpg

large.jpg

this place still open tho and is packed on the weekends. i have not been since i was a single digit age. u see that deluxe disability parking? 5 different disability spots right out front and more on the side too.

3b7218ce09abcd137a0a2961c78b4e0c.png

pregnant pigeon fetus on menu, and is a chain restaurant with warden woods location

3523233473_eb48c384d5_o.jpg

Last edited:
power center is another housing development now isnt it?

i was a little west of there by the cemetery on st clair

i never went east toward warden wood i was 2 scared of nife fites

one of those knife fights ended up being a shopping cart with a garbage bag filled with a cut up body

if u r a tourist in toronto it is important to take one day out of your stay to walk through warden woods at 3 am by yourself

I'm the youngest of 5 kids. I grew up in a 3 bedroom double wide trailer home in a farm town of 700 people.

We got a TV when I was 7 and a phone when I was 12. Until then, you had to go next door to Grandma's house to use either. TV got ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS until I was in college.

5 kids became 2 teachers and 3 engineers.

Yet I'm a white male so I must have had it easy.

Compared to my parents who grew up on farms in the depression, it was pure luxury.

Last edited:
rip

31c145ec0b60d4ef330a8995d74233e0.jpg

large.jpg

this place still open tho and is packed on the weekends. i have not been since i was a single digit age. u see that deluxe disability parking? 5 different disability spots right out front and more on the side too.

3b7218ce09abcd137a0a2961c78b4e0c.png

pregnant pigeon fetus on menu, and is a chain restaurant with warden woods location

3523233473_eb48c384d5_o.jpg

Do you guys sing the WE'RE NOT DETROIT song up there or is that only a rust bucket USA thing to do?

insofar as my parents were highly stable and cared about my wellbeing. never had to deal with divorce or moving or alcoholism or being broke.

looking back at my elementary/middle school friends, some of them had really fucked up situations at home that as a kid you don't think anything of, like john's sister is always trying to stab him and mike never knows where his parents are. occurred to me later in life that it was all highly white trashy, and most of those kids turned out like you'd expect.

I grew up in a world without internet, mobile phones or social media. Yes, I would say I was very privileged.

My parents worked their ass off and made good money. I grew up more wealthy than the majority of people I knew.

Back