WAR is officially dead, looks like WoW is the winner

WAR is going to steal all the serious PVPers from WoW. In fact, I hope the population stays low so all the carebear idiots keep playing WoW, and all the skilled players come PVP in WAR.

you can beat people in similar gear but you have no chance beating a team in better gear.. even if you do everything right

like a team with season 1.5 gear versus season 3 gear/2 weapon that got it from losing... to have any chance in arena you must have started from the beginning OR have really nice PVE gear. otherwise get ready to grind your ass off
You can easily get 2k with honor/rep gear.

Hint: it's not the DPS that gives you an excuse to lose to bads, its the lack of stam/HP. The only way a decent player should be legitimately losing to the retards you speak of is if you have 0 resil and 7000 HP, and really, what do you expect then?

I didn't play WAR because of a grudge I still hold against Mythic for hiring Lensar from DaoC.

Who didn't see this coming?

Nothing can unseat WoW unless it's branded BLIZZ. You just can't pull away from a 11-12 million user base this late in the game.

You can easily get 2k with honor/rep gear.

Hint: it's not the DPS that gives you an excuse to lose to bads, its the lack of stam/HP. The only way a decent player should be legitimately losing to the retards you speak of is if you have 0 resil and 7000 HP, and really, what do you expect then?

a) you had blue gear and recently got to 2k? i'm guessing your team carried you

b) no shit, sherlock

a) you had blue gear and recently got to 2k? i'm guessing your team carried you

b) no shit, sherlock

So thats your expectation? To be at an elite rank with no gear? That would be silly.

You can get a team into 1600-1700 with mix crap though, which is a pretty reasonable place to be. Better than a lot of "geared" teams

WAR seems to be well on its way to becoming DAoC 2, good ideas, bad execution, and in the end a small, loyal fanbase.

In WAR the lack of balance in the xp and gear from the instances, scenarios, open RvR, and questing makes most of it pointless. Scenarios give so much more XP that if you have a good group you can just grind all day, which blows everything else away, and wears thin after a bit. Defending keeps is probably the most fun I have had in an MMO but there is no incentive to do it, and if you want to level it slows that to a crawl (That is with constant attackers too). Taking keeps is a bit better, but it still couldn't compare to scenarios. Questing XP doesn't really scale, at all. We told Mythic that in beta and they said they fixed it, but it seemed like they made it only slightly better when it needed a total overhaul, to me at least. Dungeons are even worse than quests, in WoW getting a group and efficiently doing raids is a rewarding experience, giving you better XP and better gear. In WAR the XP is total garbage and the gear is worse, it has a few of every stat, half of which you don't really need, so the gear you get to chose from quests is twice is good for the most part.

Mythic built some amazing content and the forgot to give people a reason to go see it other than to see it, so the end result is once you burn out on the scenarios you burn out on the game. I was hoping Mythic would fix these issues, or at least try, but they seem to be repeating DAoC's mistakes, ignoring problems they don't think exist, no matter how many people say they do.

war is touted as a pvp centric game to distinguish it from wow. if they added better gear to the pve content, pvp'ers would complain/leave, warhammer would die. simple as that.

So thats your expectation? To be at an elite rank with no gear? That would be silly.

You can get a team into 1600-1700 with mix crap though, which is a pretty reasonable place to be. Better than a lot of "geared" teams

I saw tons of people in S3/S4 gear that had AWFUL ratings, and we'd handily beat them when we rerolled the team.

"Arena season 5 is currently scheduled to begin on December 17th, and once that happens players who have reached level 80 will be able to compete in rated arena matches where they can gain arena points which can be used to purchase level 80 arena gear, as well as compete for end-of-season rewards. Players who remain at level 70 after Season 5 begins will only have access to play skirmish arena matches against other level 70 players. However, two new skirmish brackets will be made available (71-75, 76-80) for players who wish to hone their arena skills while leveling in Northrend."

Last edited:
Back