Tribes Council? Goaks from pnet selected?

[HT]-drshoktar said:
lets just be honest and acknowledge that free has been around the tribes scene, the tw scene, the competitive play scene a lot longer than 95% of the people on this forum including most of the admins.

Seeing as I am the only admin left, I will take offense to that. Especially since free was not part of the community during beta. I will give you the competitive thing. Even though I was part of a Tribe during beta, we didn't join OGL until about 6 months in.

Yeah. I can contend to that. Sparkplug has been around for a while, but he was a Starsiege dork before switching to Tribes.

Beren came in just before T2.

Yogi has been around for quite a while. 2.5 years at least.

BigPappa is a newb.

figgs is an idler

I think that's pretty much it.

scourge too. hes relatively new. relative to the old staff that is. not that the old staff didnt suck too, but at least rayn was around to stick his hand in the toilet and pull tw out

Colosus said:
Yeah. I can contend to that. Sparkplug has been around for a while, but he was a Starsiege dork before switching to Tribes.

Beren came in just before T2.

Yogi has been around for quite a while. 2.5 years at least.

BigPappa is a newb.

figgs is an idler

I think that's pretty much it.
They've been around, but never active in the Tribes CTF scene like Rayn, Ratorasnik, and Imp (to a lesser extent) were. Rayn and Rat both played for top 10 CTF teams... Imp did too when {FSC} was around if I remember right. Sparkplug doesn't know jack shit about the TW community, Yogi may, but he's not a vet like Rayn/Rat/Imp, nor for that matter are you really. Of all of you figgs has the strongest claim to being an old school of the "TW crowd".

You're right. I was never really part of the "TW crowd". I'm still not. I have played plenty of matches and scrims though. Just because you're not top 10, doesn't make you less of the community.

Well that's not what I'm saying. I was trying to say that you guys were never really part of the entire community that made up the core of TW (the competitive CTF scene). These days it's not really the core of TW but it was once... *shrug*

Back