Tribes Council? Goaks from pnet selected?

*dumbfounded* but... does goaks not post on this forum? or... just won't voice himself in anyway?
i'd like to hear from him (though it wouldn't want me to change my thoughts on him NOT going to the council thingy)

Sojourn said:
Very true. I was hoping, for a little more T1 representation, but I fell in love with Tribes.. and truly I'm bias. I'd simply like to see an evolution of Tribes that was fast paced and heart pumping, that still demanded the patience, skill, teamwork, and finesse that we all (or at least some of us) grew to love in Tribes.

To me Tribes is not so much as a ground zero battleground as a sport. That's why I still play it.

Right. Perhaps they should consdier 3 player types. A top-dog T1 player. A top-dog T2 player. And a top-dog T1 and T2 player.

I suggested sLaM to alex. He'd defintely fit the T1/T2 player spot. sKILLz would be a good idea for the T1 (and Canadian!) spot. T2 slot? Would have to be someone who hasn't played T1.

Last edited:
Daredevil said:
*dumbfounded* but... does goaks not post on this forum? or... just won't voice himself in anyway?
i'd like to hear from him (though it wouldn't want me to change my thoughts on him NOT going to the council thingy)

He cant ban anyone on this forum who disagrees with him. He won't come here.

z0dd said:
IE would make good T1 player representitives, not general Tribes reps or T2 reps.

It looks at though they gathered people from every facet of Tribes, including competitive players from T1 and T2, pubbers from both, server admins, ladder operators, shoutcasters, Web admin/operators, LAN experts, and coders.

Including just gamers would be asking to only address one aspect of the franchise, which would be a terrible mistake. But yes, I think they can use one or two more hard-core gamers on that list.

Quite true about IE, but for some reason you've slighted the 5150 crew. Not only were they on the top of the t1 ladder for longer than a good chunk of the Council played the game, but they also spent 4 months at the top of the base t2 ladder, and many of them have gone on to play your own base++. I didn't mean to slight Vanguard either, whom would also have a deep pool of possible representatives. I was merely trying to point out the lack of hardcore gaming representatives on the Council who both delved into t1 and t2 and can speak to the pros and cons of both games with deep knowledge.

edit: I forget to address a whole point I had planned to make. Without the 'gamers' there really cannot be any shoutcasting, or scripting, or ladder operators. Everything is dependent on there being the gaming group. You create the gaming followers and everything else follows.

Last edited:
z0dd said:
Right. Perhaps they should consdier 3 player types. A top-dog T1 player. A top-dog T2 player. And a top-dog T1 and T2 player.

I suggested sLaM to alex. He'd defintely fit the T1/T2 player spot. sKILLz would be a good idea for the T1 (and Canadian!) spot. T2 slot? Would have to be someone who hasn't played T1.

That would be a great idea. sLaM would fit the T1/T2 player spot great, and he's as passionate about the game as anyone I've met. I really couldn't say about T1. Most of my opinions are bias. I'd automatically pick players I know are highly skilled and very passionate about Tribes. Natural comes to mind, sKiLLz would be a great addition. Mud Sloth, Special, or Impact are also people I would be thrilled to see on the Council giving suggestions for the evolution of Tribes. There are a lot of people I have played with who I think would be great additions, on the other hand there are players who I don't have that much knowledge of who are probably equally worthy. The decision for a T2 player is a little beyond me though. That's a decision better left to T2 players. ;)

daunt said:
Quite true about IE, but for some reason you've slighted the 5150 crew. Not only were they on the top of the t1 ladder for longer than a good chunk of the Council played the game, but they also spent 4 months at the top of the base t2 ladder, and many of them have gone on to play your own base++. I didn't mean to slight Vanguard either, whom would also have a deep pool of possible representatives. I was merely trying to point out the lack of hardcore gaming representatives on the Council who both delved into t1 and t2 and can speak to the pros and cons of both games with deep knowledge.

I'll be perfectly honest, 5150 would probably be a better representation of T1 (and T2) than IE or probably any other Tribe I can think of.

z0dd said:
IE would make good T1 player representitives, not general Tribes reps or T2 reps.

It looks at though they gathered people from every facet of Tribes, including competitive players from T1 and T2, pubbers from both, server admins, ladder operators, shoutcasters, Web admin/operators, LAN experts, and coders.

Including just gamers would be asking to only address one aspect of the franchise, which would be a terrible mistake. But yes, I think they can use one or two more hard-core gamers on that list.

daunt said:

How have I slighted 5150? I mentioned IE would make good T1 reps. How is that saying I've slighted 5150, or any other team for that matter?

My comment was a reply to your claims that IE are "the best players that Tribes has to offer". I agreed they would be representitives for Tribes1, not Tribes2.

mikado said:
like anyone actually cares about this tribes council? more like council of GAYS except colosus.

col was a member of 575 for a bit, so he's not COMPLETELY out of community ;o

I had to bump this post, just to point out that you're a fucking idiot.

Wulfen said:
I had to bump this post, just to point out that you're a fucking idiot.
The man has a point Wulfen. Think about this for half a second. Sierra is going to fly a bunch of people who've helped the community to tell them how they should make their next game. All that does is further prove that they horribly fucked up T2. While I applaud Sierra for trying to make amends, this is a year too late, and your selection could have been better. Yeah, get slam or adren on there. WTF is goaks doing up there at all? and if you want to include TU... SEND Hypnotik! He may have left the site, but he is by far more in tune with what is going on with the players.

Look, this isn't about personal gripes with goaks either. I left with no grudges, but his actions on TU speak for themselves. Knowing goaks, he'll ask to add in a mode where he can ban anyone from the master servers of TFA or T3 that disagrees with him. Get IE and 5150 representing. Please.

PureIcey said:
The man has a point Wulfen. Think about this for half a second. Sierra is going to fly a bunch of people who've helped the community to tell them how they should make their next game. All that does is further prove that they horribly fucked up T2. While I applaud Sierra for trying to make amends, this is a year too late, and your selection could have been better. Yeah, get slam or adren on there. WTF is goaks doing up there at all? and if you want to include TU... SEND Hypnotik! He may have left the site, but he is by far more in tune with what is going on with the players.

Look, this isn't about personal gripes with goaks either. I left with no grudges, but his actions on TU speak for themselves. Knowing goaks, he'll ask to add in a mode where he can ban anyone from the master servers of TFA or T3 that disagrees with him. Get IE and 5150 representing. Please.

Nah, it was just the fact that he called z0dd, KP and TRD g.a.y.s. And honestly, mik is pretty much an idiot anyway.

Is this JUST the Tribes community?

Would be nice to see some representations from Starsiege, or someone who played all 3 Earthsiege games.

I've played every single one, and a guy that would be good went by "LOKI", ran a wonderufl starsiege site, slanexus.com, organized a league, etc.

my gathering its just going to be tribes players because well they are going to help in making decisions for well the tribes franchise, not the earthsiege or starsiege ones. Yes similar universes, but completely different games.

Back