[Trailer] Thor: Ragnarok

Vermouth

Veteran XX

New Thor trailer. Didn't see a thread on it yet. Looks ok.. not fully sold on seeing it in the theater, but eh..

I kind of wish there was more of a medium between dark-and-real and funny-action-Marvel, like how Batman Begins was. I mean, this looks entertaining and all, but probably not something I'll have a desire to see more than once.

Also not a huge fan of co-opting awesome classic rock songs in superhero movies. It's like they saw that GotG killed it at the box office, now it's nearly requisite to include a heavy classic rock component in the film. smfh.. Iron Man and Batman Begins worked great, and both had only generic background instrumental/bass music for tone. Don't know when Hollywood will finally get that good movies are about characters and story, period.

Anyway, will prob see this, but seems like more of a Store™ "purchase".

Are they combining Ragnarok with Planet Hulk?

In other news, Marvel just fired an Indonesian comic artist for inserting hidden anti-Semitic and islamist messages into the latest issue of Xmen

Thor films have been by far the weakest in the mcu...and while some movies have struggled to offer a compelling story or some sort of...value proposition? other times they figure it out.

take how worthless age of ultron was...oh look killer robot, cartoon minions, oh yay good guys win. contrast to winter soldier that offers something (marginally) unique. guardians 2 seems like it will be a bust...still make a ton of money but they aren't offering anything unique.

anyway

ragnarok will at least "raise the stakes" as its value prop...or at least try. and the trailer does this right off the bat with hela...will see the destruction of asgard and at least some measurable consequence.

I'm rambling and tired
easily the best trailer marvel has done imo

also how worthless have mcu villains been

so fucking desperate for hela + thanos ffs, please give us the illusion of risk ffs

Also, Every time Iron Man comes on screen in any marvel movie, there is some AC/DC blasting.

Spoiler

iirc Marvel can't make a standalone Hulk movie, Hulk rights still technically belong to Universal but because he was an Avenger he can be used in other Marvel heroes movies

so throwing Planet Hulk into Ragnarok is p much the only way they can get that plotline done

a lot of laserbeams coming from the sky and heroes fighting badguys with the exact same powers as they have

Thor films have been by far the weakest in the mcu...

Yeah Thor seems to be the Aquaman for Marvel at this point. However based on the Justice League trailers. DC seems to have a non gay Aquaman that makes Thor look gayer. Hopefully DC makes a turn around on their universe films and Justice League does better than Man of Steel, Superman vs. Batman and Suicide Squad.

I'll still give both of them my money though. Because I'm a sucker and like watching explodey things.

Thor 1 was directed by Kenneth Branagh so yeah its gonna have a totally different feel than all the rest of the marvel movies

and 2 was directed by some tv guy

Back