There are 4 or 5 box designs in triples thread that are better than the Official one.

greeny said:
isn't it better to leave the box ugly (though i don't agree that the original is ugly) so that less ppl who know nothing about tribes picked it up?
uhhh no

we'd rather have Tribes be a big-name respectable franchise like UT, Quake, etc than just a small game with only 500 people playing at a time

jotun said:
uhhh no

we'd rather have Tribes be a big-name respectable franchise like UT, Quake, etc than just a small game with only 500 people playing at a time
you disgust me

Sounds like this is what we should have been doing instead of a model skinning contest. ;x

2 gets my vote as well, but they're all awesome.

Gotta admit, the box for TV is absolutely sickening. So hokey and corny looking its pathetic. Might look good to a 3 yr old I guess :shrug:

greeny said:
isn't it better to leave the box ugly (though i don't agree that the original is ugly) so that less ppl who know nothing about tribes picked it up?
yeah so the community can last 6 months again

#2 as it is now is better than the rest

#3 would be better if the player wasn't carrying a blaster (and was carrying the disc) and if he was a little higher off the ground angled upward a little more

yeah whoever is doing the marketing for vengence is really getting paid way too much, the "offical box" is downright terrible. I honestly thought it was a joke when i saw the thread [Offical] thread.

If they dont change it, sierra's hopes and dreams of the tribes franchise becomming a huge gaming giant will fail before it really even had the chance

Does anyone have big enough versions of these images to print in 300dpi (at least)? especially the #3 one? Because without those you couldn't print the boxes anyway.

Back