One day... I'll move to USA.

Gfg groove.

I know USA and Portugal signed a few protocols in 2014 to increase the circulation of citizens between both countries: with jobs & interships from boths sides.. I will looking into that, maybe in the US embassy in Lisbon! ^_^

also.. who teh heck in USA wants to be an archaeologist! maybe its not that hard.. And if I my CV I might get positive answers!

LET ME DREAM JUST FOR TONIGHT :birthday:

Last edited:
if I'm gonna do this, I gotta make it while the democrats are in powa! Thanks, Obama.

I must confess... I want to move to USA so I can enjoy my fav bands whenever I want!! I mean, it's insane how I want to see some of my fav bands live and it's always a rare oportunity when they come to europe... Then you see those bands tour dates and its like USA all over :( so unfair... ahah!

USA, USA, USA! :sunny:

bottom right of each of those job postings tells you that you need to be a graduate, or us citizen

You should go dig up something like this guy did and then go write a book,,, then you could prolly live in bakersfield, ca
41E3pGdFjuL._AA160_.jpg

Gfg groove.

I know USA and Portugal signed a few protocols in 2014 to increase the circulation of citizens between both countries: with jobs & interships from boths sides.. I will looking into that, maybe in the US embassy in Lisbon! ^_^

also.. who teh heck in USA wants to be an archaeologist! maybe its not that hard.. And if I my CV I might get positive answers!

LET ME DREAM JUST FOR TONIGHT :birthday:
We want resumes in the US not curriculum vitae.

I'd be very curious to understand what your current quality of life is, how large of a flat you currently occupy, and how much you spend. Europe generally has a higher quality of living.

When I say 50k is barely scraping by in most areas, I mean that if you intend to eventually own a home, have kids, save for retirement, etc, and don't live in the middle of fucking nowhere, it will barely cover it.

If you have a wife or girlfriend bringing in income as well, then things change significantly in your favor, as you'll have many shared costs.

100k per household seems like the bare minimum these days

what about couples? like, each taking 75k a year, for example? Is it way better in terms of living or does the taxes rise as fuck for being 2 making money? :/ (because that happens here in Swiss!)

(By the way, Al'Muktar, don't hate me bro... One day ill live in England as well as I promised u!)

Well - you will find the USA much less prejudiced than the Swiss. If anyone thinks the US is bad - you don't know shit. Suisse protects it's shit. Sure, there is some bickering between the French and Germans (no one gives a fuck about the Italians)

You are pretty much fucked in that country if you are anything but a tourist. If you ever have trouble (car accident etc) it's going to be your fault.

You don't even want to know what happens if there is a nuclear event that causes the Swissies to hide in their underground setups and you happen to be étranger. Yeah - you aren't getting into the bunker. Push the point and you will get shot. They are trained to do this in their practice runs every couple of years.

For some of you dumb fucks - no - Swedish girls do not come from Switzerland.

45-50k a year, even in a low cost of living area, is just barely scraping by.

as a single male i could easily save 20k of that, though i have known guys in the same situation who couldn't save a dime and were still looking for a loan. those are the people who could use a lesson in humility.

tax brakes

i would like to know more

ps us visa process sucks, even for educated foreigners. I have friends that make a trip to canada every 6 months or w/e to renew their H-1s. So dumb. Anyway, gl hf.

Last edited:
this is way off. where the fuck do you live??? 45k is not barely scraping by. 30k is barely scraping by. i know ppl who make 27/28 and still manage to save, although they are depressing to be around.

east coast other than the major cities (NYC/Boston/DC) 45k for a single dude is plenty. most places you'll be lookin at $500-1000 rent, pay $8-10k in taxes, get a used car for $10k, good2go. probably will have to choose between luxuries and saving a bit but nbd. living with a girlfriend, splitting rent for a single, will make it even easier.

75k is what i made out of college and i bought so much goddamn stuff all the time while putting 15% into 401k. unless you're buying a gram of blow 3 nights a week you'll have plenty to spend and save and live in a nice place. fuck, neither of my parents ever made more than 70k and they raised 3 kids in a nice house in the suburbs.

this is based on living in/around baltimore, philly, nj, and mass. south of virginia i think your money will double in value. in nyc it'll halve.

edit: i should add i'm assuming that's a starting salary. making $45k for 10 years would yeah not be great.

lol

45k is fucking food stamps bro

Back