Need Advice: Returned a "Lost" Dog

Even if the husband did what you think, he likely had time to see what the loss did to his family and he may have learned his lesson. Not much more you could do.

I have questioned whether I was overthinking it, but the simpler explanation to me (occam's razor) is abandonment:
1) Remove collar
2) Drive to an area I am familiar with in the ghetto (where I work)
3) Dump the dog

...vs...

1) pet traveling 6+ miles in a pretty short time through the city
2) losing collar (catching it on something, someone removing it, whatever)
3) crossing several major roads and dozens of minor roads without getting pancaked, when he only barely escaped that fate on a moderately traveled road immediately before i picked him up.
4) ending up right near husband's work (even assuming it had been there before and could remember the route).

:shrug:

It sucks and these type of stories are about the only ones that get to me. You did more than you ever needed to and all you can do is hope the dog will stay at home this time and have a good life.

There are A LOT of dogs without collars here and I always try to find them a home.

6.5 miles is the optimal route; actual route could have been longer (but probably nowhere near long enough to negate your point)

Last edited:
Yeah the first place I'd think of abandoning my dog is down the street from my work where there is a huge possibility the dog finds me.

Seems......retarded, no?

Cliffs:
- Found a dog on the way home from work.
- Was about to hand it over to a local rescue for placement when my wife found a craigslist ad w/pictures matching his description.
- Returned dog to owners
- Now suspect owners (husband) may have dumped/abandoned the dog.

Kill the owners
Keep the dog
Must be good dog

i wonder how many people reference occams razor who never saw the movie contact

i also wonder when people who saw the movie will stop referencing occams razor

Back