Need a good competitive team based game for pc or PS3

funny how you keep arguing quantity not quality

I argue on an overall basis. I dont have old ass games like CS, quake, and Starcraft on 360 to compare anything to, so I do current ones on both platforms and the numbers are truly one sided in every aspect. Like I said, a few pro gamers does not constitute saying PC gaming is more competitive than 360. To me its not even close any longer.

Most kids think that's a ton of money, especially if they win a few tournaments a year and endorse a video card. It's enough for a kid to buy a crotch rocket, or a sport cars because that's all they care about, no family to worry about. But the number of people who do this at the top is only a handful.

:lol: I was talking in comparison to the console tourneys.

I argue on an overall basis. I dont have old ass games like CS, quake, and Starcraft on 360 to compare anything to, so I do current ones on both platforms and the numbers are truly one sided in every aspect. Like I said, a few pro gamers does not constitute saying PC gaming is more competitive than 360. To me its not even close any longer.

ok, then lets look at what south korea, the mecca for esports, plays.

youre still judging by game popularity/sales/etc, not competition.

Is BFBC2 worth playing? I haven't even tried it out at all yet.

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Its the best example of high intensity modern combat that you have ever seen. A good game of BC2 is like a chess match mixed with a bare knuckle brawl to the death, much like, I imagine, real war.

banshee is a console fanboy faggot, what a surprise

And youre a dumbass for even using that term. I played PC games competitively for over a decade. I dont care what people play, but you cant just say PC is the mecca of competition anymore, because its not. Im simply correcting the "PC faggot fanboys." (I thought Id try your style but it made me feel like a fucking idiot so scratch that last remark.)

banshees right about seeking competitive play. it's like if youre a basketball player do you go and play with NBA Players? No you go to the park and play there with whoever you can.

one of his points though was that since it looks like pc gaming and console numbers are going in opposite directions (in the US) that meant that pro-gaming on the PC was on its way to being replaced but i already made my argument against that

Last edited:
Banshee is right.

More hype surrounding console games right now. PC gaming isn't dead, but it's definitely in hiatus and not what it once was. Consoles have followed PC's lead because consoles were not as easily put "online" as they are now. PC gaming isn't going to disappear, but the PC elitism is pretty fucking retarded. That's pretty much the main points. Enough of this "Your statistics are irrelevant because ___". I think Banshee has got it right by pointing out the major ladders and the number of people playing here in the US.

/thread

NOTE: I play both Xbox and PC.

banshees right about seeking competitive play. it's like if youre a basketball player do you go and play with NBA Players? No you go to the park and play there with whoever you can.

one of his points though was that since it looks like pc gaming and console numbers are going in opposite directions (in the US) that meant that pro-gaming on the PC was on its way to being replaced but i already made my argument against that

Youre comparing a handful of pro gamers to the NBA. Nice. Ill just let that one slide.

I never said anyting about PC pro gamers being replaced. They just dont have the money tournaments like the consoles have been dishing out. There was no point to even be made about that.

Banshee is right.

More hype surrounding console games right now. PC gaming isn't dead, but it's definitely in hiatus and not what it once was. Consoles have followed PC's lead because consoles were not as easily put "online" as they are now. PC gaming isn't going to disappear, but the PC elitism is pretty fucking retarded. That's pretty much the main points. Enough of this "Your statistics are irrelevant because ___". I think Banshee has got it right by pointing out the major ladders and the number of people playing here in the US.

/thread

NOTE: I play both Xbox and PC.

still arguing quantity, not quality... and now limiting it to the US which is only average competitively on the world scene.

no one is arguing that consoles arent more popular general, and of course there will be more ladders to match, but that doesnt mean theyre more competitive. ultimately it comes down to skill... and you can test this by networking the top pc gamers against the top console gamers for a particular game.

Last edited:
banshee...i was comparing the player pools. youre point is on the xbox there are so many more teams and games being played. just like in regular pickup basketball nationwide. however there is a very elite minority, the pro-gamers (or the NBA), of which 95% of the masses will likely never play in

so all my earlier points (and happys current ones) about pro-gaming really dont mean anything in arguing against your initial point about the average gamer or hardcore gamer seeking competitive play...since competitive play and pro-play are two very different things

Last edited:
Youre comparing a handful of pro gamers to the NBA. Nice. Ill just let that one slide.

I never said anyting about PC pro gamers being replaced. They just dont have the money tournaments like the consoles have been dishing out. There was no point to even be made about that.

they hand out more money at the specialymics and charity events, obviously theyre more competitive than highschool championships where the players dont get anything.

And youre a dumbass for even using that term. I played PC games competitively for over a decade. I dont care what people play, but you cant just say PC is the mecca of competition anymore, because its not. Im simply correcting the "PC faggot fanboys." (I thought Id try your style but it made me feel like a fucking idiot so scratch that last remark.)

are you sure?

between WoW and CS1.6 alone, the PC has a lot going for it. Starcraft 2 already has weekly cups and tournies with decent payouts. SC2 will be the next big eSport, guaranteed.

yeah, there are 10 bajlillian teenagers who want to go pro in Halo, but I don't see Halo outlasting SC2 in the long run.

still arguing quantity, not quality... and now limiting it to the US which is only average competitively on the world scene.

no one is arguing that consoles arent more popular general, and of course there will be more ladders to match, but that doesnt mean theyre more competitive. ultimately it comes down to skill... and you can test this by networking the top pc gamers against the top console gamers for a particular game.

well said.

also, from my standpoint (eSports promoter / broadcaster), it seems that competitive gaming on the PC gets a ton more coverage. Like I said in my previous point, due to ustream/jtv/livestream, coverage has exploded.

so what makes an eSport "successful," is the next question in my mind. Sheer numbers of scrims and matches that occur? Prize money? Amount of coverage?

I'd say its a combination of the 3 factors, and from my general knowledge of the 'industry,' I'd say PC gaming is still on top.

they hand out more money at the specialymics and charity events, obviously theyre more competitive than highschool championships where the players dont get anything.

:rofl: So yea, youve made some great points back up your initial statement. I should have figured other PC elitists would have stepped up to talk for you. Oh well, noone has proven anything to me here other than PC elitism is still in full swing for some people.

banshee...i was comparing the player pools. youre point is on the xbox there are so many more teams and games being played. just like in regular pickup basketball nationwide. however there is a very elite minority, the pro-gamers (or the NBA), of which 95% of the masses will likely never play in

so all my earlier points (and happys current ones) about pro-gaming really dont mean anything in arguing against your initial point about the average gamer or hardcore gamer seeking competitive play...since competitive play and pro-play are two very different things

Ok, thats fair enough. Let me try. The NBA isnt playing with a human head or a rock, hence the PC games from a decade ago that are the only ones really making any money. No, that didnt work out. I give.

well said.

also, from my standpoint (eSports promoter / broadcaster), it seems that competitive gaming on the PC gets a ton more coverage. Like I said in my previous point, due to ustream/jtv/livestream, coverage has exploded.

so what makes an eSport "successful," is the next question in my mind. Sheer numbers of scrims and matches that occur? Prize money? Amount of coverage?

I'd say its a combination of the 3 factors, and from my general knowledge of the 'industry,' I'd say PC gaming is still on top.

360 has MANY more matches, therefore making the players more experienced, and competition growing. Think about 10k Tribes teams on the ladder and how many teams would have competed for the top 10 at that point. Some 360 teams average 5 matches a day on one ladder. The most Ive ever played on PC is a match every week, maybe 2.

360 has had way larger payouts, however I can see the point of some of the old PC games having smaller payouts more consistently. Thats really a toss up to me.

I dont know if you can consider coverage an aspect of competition. Im fairly divided on that thought.

I think there could be several other things considered in competition. From qualitity to quantity, is there really any way to prove whos more competitive based on a few PC gamers that have sponsorships vs millions of people who play different games on different levels on different platforms? For instance, how do you even compare a CS or SC match vs a 360 MW2 or UFC match? You really dont. Thats why I think quantity supercedes quality in more aspects. The more teams you have, the more competition you will have at the top. :shrug: I dont know if this last paragraph made sense, but I just kind of typed it while trying to listen to the wife at the same time.

Back