Need a good competitive team based game for pc or PS3

B-A-L-L-Z

Veteran X
Since TF2 is on it's last legs, what other pc or PS3 games actually have a decent competitive scene these days? I've seen the BFBC2 thread but that's about it. Any suggestions?

Team based games? Probably only like BFBC2 or MW2. Starcraft is more of a solo game, the main focus isn't really 2v2s or anything like that. Street fighter has become a lot more popular recently (but again, more solo)

Thats easily said for PC now as there arent as many players and all the cheats(no irony completely intended).

there may be less pc gamers than console but there are far more competitive pc gamers.

consoles are made to be for casual gaming.

there may be less pc gamers than console but there are far more competitive pc gamers.

consoles are made to be for casual gaming.

Thats where you are completely and utterly wrong. Dont forget, that I came from PC competitive gaming and have played a couple years in console competition. Maybe you should take a look at 360 Gamebattles and then at some of the massive $$$ tourneys they hold for 360. Then youll realize what I did when my PC gaming ego wouldnt let go....PC has been passes up and left behind.

Thats where you are completely and utterly wrong. Dont forget, that I came from PC competitive gaming and have played a couple years in console competition. Maybe you should take a look at 360 Gamebattles and then at some of the massive $$$ tourneys they hold for 360. Then youll realize what I did when my PC gaming ego wouldnt let go....PC has been passes up and left behind.

Shut up

Only stating the facts. Want to hear some more...

360 Call of Duty MW2 for just this season:
254,683 players signed up on gamebattles
8855 teams on TDM
10195 teams on Hardcore TDM
1661 teams on 3rd person TDM
11677 on doubles
2010 Online Pro Circuit releases April 7th

Some teams already have over 300 games played this season... fuck

PC CoD MW2 currently has less than 1000 players signed up.
80 teams on TDM

TWL does have a 86 team S&D ladder. I searched other places for PC ladders but failed to find them or they had so few teams that it wasnt worth mentioning..

heres a stat: 75% of pro gamers compete on PC

90% of the top 50 $$ making pro-gamers are on PC

link...

And a few pro players do not make the PC world more competitive...

There was a million dollar Halo tourney, Ive yet to see that on PC. But of course one tourney doesnt make that up either.

Back