Is the original Tribes programmer (GotMilk?) hinting at another Tribes game?

One of the most fantastic paths of AI is the procedural generation of levels, maps, art, tasks, quests, NPCs, bots, etc.

No need to wait for a dev group, a game studio, a version 2 just to get some variation. And once the doors open to AI add-ons/plug-ins/DLCs, the sky is the limit.

aRE90eq_460swp.webp
This is me, even though I've been gaming my entire life before many of these kids were even born. Goes back to what I was saying about head shots. Some people are just good at aiming. I couldn't duel for crap. When I played T2, I had the most fun sneaking into the base (cloak or signal jammer), taking the flag, and running to my shrike parked nearby.

Newer games don't have any of these ideas.

Last edited:
~YES GROWN ADULTS LETS ALL WASTE OUR LIVES ON A CHILDRENDS GAME IN 2023 THAT IS EASILY HACKABLE LIKE EVERY OTHER VIDEO GAME AND TRUST ME IT'LL BE BIGGER THAN SPORTS ;)~

A lot of Devs were playing Tribes 1 along side the rest of us on various community servers. Skeet, Hexabolic, Diamondback, GotMilk? ect.

Their names and gamer tags were listed in the back of the Tribes 1 manual.

That's probably why the fateful decision to leave Skiing in the game was made, instead of treating it like a bug in the code that needed to be patched out of the game.

Developers who play their own games in the same way that their community does make the best decisions for their games.

you could also see them if you were the kind of nerdy kid who would watch the pre-installed demos that came with t1

:spock:

kinda cool seeing the devs vision for how the game would work before we all started flying around at Mach 10

A lot of Devs were playing Tribes 1 along side the rest of us on various community servers. Skeet, Hexabolic, Diamondback, GotMilk? ect.

That's probably why the fateful decision to leave Skiing in the game was made, instead of treating it like a bug in the code that needed to be patched out of the game.

Developers who play their own games in the same way that their community does make the best decisions for their games.

]CkB[ damn..

Yep, this.

Sometimes I wish skiing had been patched out and I could've moved on with my gaming life after a month.

Is the game Gotmilk? hinting at a separate project from the Prophecy studios Starsiege Tribes game?

Also is this Prophecy studios project even a real thing?

I see Starsiege Deadzone came out got horrible reviews and isn't even online and functioning at the moment even though they have been charging people money for stuff.

Fv-GKVuX0AEt2Fp

Is the game Gotmilk? hinting at a separate project from the Prophecy studios Starsiege Tribes game?

Also is this Prophecy studios project even a real thing?

I see Starsiege Deadzone came out got horrible reviews and isn't even online and functioning at the moment even though they have been charging people money for stuff.

Fv-GKVuX0AEt2Fp

Sounds very much like the behavior of Hi-Rez, which is what everyone hates them for.

As far I knew, Hi-Rez owns all the IP for Starseige which included Tribes.

Prophecy Games appears to be some kind of spinoff studio of Hi-Rez ...

Hi-Rez Studios spins off another new studio, Prophecy Games | Massively Overpowered

It seems like they're fully indepedant of Hirez?

Our Story

Prophecy Games was founded in late 2019 as a studio within the Hi-Rez Studios umbrella. In the early months of 2020, we officially spun off from Hi-Rez as a fully independent studio.

Our team consists of passionate newcomers and veteran AAA developers with decades of experience. Our mission is to create bold experiences that our future communities will celebrate for years to come.

Sounds like we have 3 vaporware Tribes games coming, this one, gotmilks new thing and Midair 2.

I have hope Midair 2 is actually going to come out but I doubt if they'll actually manage to get more than a few hundred concurrent people playing for a month or two.

Something called Starsiege Tribes™ might actually get and maintain a playerbase, Tribes Ascend was actually really popular until Hirez fucked it all up.

Back