Is the original Tribes programmer (GotMilk?) hinting at another Tribes game?

Mark Frohnmayer was the original lead programmer for both Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2

interest lost...

Mark Frohnmayer was the original lead programmer for both Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2

interest lost...

tbh i didnt know GotMilk? was original programmer played arena for years with him(as did most all of us, im not tontoing here)

Just RTX REMIX the Tribes games we already have and stop wasting everyones time.

As I recall, most core T1 devs had all but left Dynamix early into the development of T2, once the foundational elements of the Torque engine were up and running. After that, it was left to others to actually design the game. People like Dave Georgeson had far more impact on the actual creative side of the end product of "Tribes 2" than Frohnmayer or Tunnel did.

As for a successor game ... (sad as it is to say) Tribes is dead, the IP has way too much baggage attached to it, leaving any game associated to "Tribes" with a serious hill to climb to restore itself and win back its glory days.

Plus ... there is the matter of a certain publisher owning the License adding even more baggage ... but that might actually be a good thing if it forced someone to abandon the appeal to nostalgia and just invent an entirely new IP anyways.

Last edited:
Instead of spinfusor call them diffusors because they're different fusors now.

How about introducing an identity system? You know, blasters that identify with being mortars? Also, a reparation system for past battles.

Trying to find all the other threads where we talked about a Tribes remake.
News: Garage Games - what exactly are they working on? by Got Haggis? - TribalWar Forums

There's always talk, then it fizzles. Starting a studio from scratch would take years. FPS shooters have a short life span if they don't catch on like CS:GO. The best example of this would be Overwatch 2. I played it and got bored because it's all based on head shots. Spawn points are far from the action. It got boring spawning in, running to the battle, kill a few people, get killed, repeat. People spend hours on head shot trainers (Aimlab) and snipe people from across the map.

Top games on Steam - Look at this and realize how hard it is for a game to stay.
https://steamdb.info/charts/

Overwatch 2 is 48th on the list and it runs on PC and Steam. Besides some bugs, it's a working game, yet it didn't catch on. GTA V is 7th, that's what I play and they're coming out with GTA 6 in 2024/2025.

On page 76 of my thread, talking about GTA V, Plasmatic makes some good points about hacking and Tribes.
No Laurie For Me (NLFM) by NoGodForMe - Page 76 - TribalWar Forums
If Mark is starting with nothing, this is the kind of stuff he has to deal with. It's not fun playing on a server with only 20 people. Back in the day, there was a T2 server that had 50 people and it was fun.

Last edited:
Back