[Iraq Attaq] I thought that this was an interesting picture.

apollod said:
you need to give me the 411 on iraq.. because theres a fairly good chance i might be rotated in this summer. My ROTC contract can't be signed by me until mid may, I have orders for AIT may 29th, and my unit gets rotated in July.. i get out of AIT in June. So what i'm hearing is there is a possibility that my ROTC contract can't be signed since I got orders for AIT, and it will be less than 60 days. Not that I care, I'd like to finish school in one go.. but shit I also want to goto iraq....

No, you dont. It is a shithole.
BUT, they do have established bases there now so you wont have to dig your bed every night.

TF_Grungir said:
No, you dont. It is a shithole.
BUT, they do have established bases there now so you wont have to dig your bed every night.

oh see.. i want to go for the experience and the fucking money.. i'm shit poor from school.. I'm not even sure I can pay for housing for next year.

F_0N85Gabc2004-12-02.jpg

apollod said:
oh see.. i want to go for the experience and the fucking money.. i'm shit poor from school.. I'm not even sure I can pay for housing for next year.

I guess it all depends on your MOS. If you are a REMF then i guess it wouldnt be too bad. All the bonuses you get for being there are nice... especially no FICA.

TF_Grungir said:
I guess it all depends on your MOS. If you are a REMF then i guess it wouldnt be too bad. All the bonuses you get for being there are nice... especially no FICA.

13M, Sunni Triangle for Convoy Security.. so yea.. not REMF

ScooBySnaCk said:
cool pics.. whiners complaining about size can go suck it

yea.. you're late.. you didn't see how big the very first picture was.. and how incredibly slow it was loading

apollod said:
Sunni Triangle for Convoy Security
Wow... I don't imagine that is going to be fun.

You have to be careful since you are an Official Tribalwar Dot Com Subject Matter Expert now.

ScooBySnaCk said:
cool pics.. whiners complaining about size can go suck it
They had a point about the first one. It was 1.6MB. It loaded really quickly for me, so I didn't really think anything of it until I checked the file size.

Kurayami said:
Wow... I don't imagine that is going to be fun.

You have to be careful since you are an Official Tribalwar Dot Com Subject Matter Expert now.

haha no doubt.. if i do end up going, i'll have to get a good digi cam, and get some pics for you guys

apollod said:
you need to give me the 411 on iraq.. because theres a fairly good chance i might be rotated in this summer. My ROTC contract can't be signed by me until mid may, I have orders for AIT may 29th, and my unit gets rotated in July.. i get out of AIT in June. So what i'm hearing is there is a possibility that my ROTC contract can't be signed since I got orders for AIT, and it will be less than 60 days. Not that I care, I'd like to finish school in one go.. but shit I also want to goto iraq....
I've been back in the States for the last 9 months. I'm probably not the best person to ask about the current state of affairs in Iraq. When I left, the in-country fighter squadron had moved to Balad, so it was naturally a hotbed of terrorist activity, and Fallujah was still a shitstorm. I imagine much of Baghdad is still very hot. Anywhere else is going to be pretty laid-back by comparison.

I could go back as early as this September. I won't know if my base even gets tasked for several more months -- I may not go at all this year. I'm hoping some nice assignments in Qatar at Al Udeid will come up -- I'll definitely grab one of those. :brows:

apollod said:
haha no doubt.. if i do end up going, i'll have to get a good digi cam, and get some pics for you guys

I thought the military banned possesion and use of digital cameras in Iraq after the Abu Graib thing.

CaptainZero said:
I thought the military banned possesion and use of digital cameras in Iraq after the Abu Graib thing.
That'd be the first I've heard of it.

I send DFT teams to Iraq (among other mid-east nations) all the time with digital cameras. I think you've got some bad info there.

Back