I'm thinking of buying a 360...

the new 360's are quiet as fuck, my old one bricked and i traded it in at walmart and now i have an HDMI port too. i'd advise buying a brick and trade it in at walmart, i read that ag amestop manager even does that.

==

ayz how the fuck can you criticize SSBM? one of the most highly regarded competitive fighting games of all time? especially when you pride yourself on being a tourney CS player.

==

all those 5 blue ray delas are shams. u can pick 5 blurays from 5 sets of 4 options. anyone advocating buying a ps3 at this time is just retarded. the argument that says the good games will come in the future, why not buy the ps3 then? with sony selling off IP Rights to their super cell chip, companies left and right abandoning exclusive ps3 titles, diehard sony companies like squeenix developing exclusive 360 games.....it just doenst seem logical to buy a ps3 right now

I used to be a big PC gamer however the recent hardware and software requirements in the PC market forced me to consoles. I bought my 360 4 months ago and will never look back. I have enjoyed the online gaming and have had a great over all experience . The used game market is great some titles will cost around 15 to 25 bucks.
I have a full theater surround setup and a DLP set. Gaming on the big screen (HD) in 5.1 surround is fantastic.
Must have games:

Racing= Forza 2
RPG= Oblivion (used for 25 bucks)
3rd person shooter= Gears of War
FPS=Prey (get used for 15 bucks)
Arcade=Online Poker kicks ass

Yeah, in all honesty I'm probably on the lower end of the PC gaming spectrum here at teedub, the only computer game I've ever really gotten into was Tribes and despite the fact that I played Q3 for awhile nothing else really ever struck me as something I wanted to go out and buy. I have two laptops: one for work and one for home. I gave my desktop to my parents about a year and a half ago so Solitaire and the occasional online time-waster is all my computer gaming consists of.

I actually went to best buy tonight (had to get a new battery for a camcorder for work) and was incredibly close to just buying one there. I think I'm going to go with the 20GB version... As for games, I have heard a lot of good things about Gears of War, along with Prey, and Oblivion. I called my token nerdy friend who has LANs every weekend and asked him what he suggested and he said that Bioshock was extremely good.

I am thinking I'll purchase CoD3 (I know, I know 4 comes out soon) and play that for a week or two until Halo 3 comes out and then just stick with that for awhile... maybe pick up Bioshock when it is cheap used. :shrug:

Any other suggestions?

You can pick up all kinds of good games in the bargain bin now. CoD3, Kameo, PGR3, Saints Row, and Burnout just to name a few.

buy the 360 ;)

I gave up upgrading computer hardware after Half Life 2 .. it became to expensive to be on the mainstream side of pc gaming..

buy the 360 ;)

I gave up upgrading computer hardware after Half Life 2 .. it became to expensive to be on the mainstream side of pc gaming..

Exactly what I did.

also consider if you buy a PS3 now you'll miss out on the Dual Shock 3 that will be announced today

of course a $30-$50 peripheral probably doesn't mean much in the grands PS3 scheme of things

Intro and gameplay of Mass Effect - Gamersyde

904_0011.jpg

I've been enjoying mine.

Also, Dead Rising is fucking hard. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

so the new final fantasy games wont be ps3 only?

Any idea when they are coming out? I tried the last one on my roomates ps2 but the new combat system was kinda meh, Id prefer old school style.

I think ive been hearing "The Games are coming" for like 4 months for the PS3.

Yah, but they are already here for the 360, plus there are more coming. The release schedule before Christmas is intense. The next few months have so many good titles hitting shelves.

Okay, I am buying a 360 when I get off of work. What should be my first game? I may try to see if Bioshock is somewhere around here used, if not I might just pick up CoD3 until Halo 3 comes out.

yay.

so the new final fantasy games wont be ps3 only?

Any idea when they are coming out? I tried the last one on my roomates ps2 but the new combat system was kinda meh, Id prefer old school style.

FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive I believe, but Sony doesn't have exclusivity on future projects. It will probably go the route of the GTA series, where Sony will pay Square a shitload of money to give them 6 months to a year of exclusive rights before releasing on the 360 as well.

Back