i quit drinking

Damn.

I was actually thinking about starting to drink on a regular basis tonight. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and bought a lotter ticket while the pump was going. The one time I want a 12 pack and that particular gas station doesn't sell any beer.

Motherfucker. I suppose I'll have to wait till tommorow for the brew.

thats the thing. i can't do anything in moderations. its either all or none. i have an addictive personality and i can't just have one or two socially. i have one or two and it always leads to much more.

same here

I recently stopped drinking also, but instead I changed it to I stopped buying alcohol if I get it for free I have no problem drinking it

also because I hate winter weather more than I like drinking and I need money for a remote start for my car

i've been dipping for 10 years. I probably dip 4 or 5 cans of copenhagen per week, and I think about quitting every night before I go to bed. Then I wake up the next morning and dip in the shower. It's fucking hard to quit :( If I weren't bored so much in the afternoons I think it'd be easier. I'm getting married this summer, so hopefully when i'm living with someone else I won't be so bored and I can quit. Probably wishful thinking.

I did it a while ago, and enjoyed it. I think you may have motivated me to do it again.

thats the thing. i can't do anything in moderations. its either all or none. i have an addictive personality and i can't just have one or two socially. i have one or two and it always leads to much more.

its just my personality. i go all out. which means i can have fun without drinking. i don't have any inhibitrions that hold me back when i'm sober. i can talk to girls easier when i'm sober than when i'm hammered.

i had similar. i dont know the definition of the word "moderation". but it is easier for me to do things (talk to girls, be funny, fuck, drive) when drunk.

i quit drinking in july. havent drank in 137 days.

hardest part is when you're at social events and friends are drinking and its something you used to and its just expected that you'll have a beer in your hand

I am about to turn 21. Im not a huge drinker but im having something to drink at my birthday dinner. My parents are going to be shocked.

i've been dipping for 10 years. I probably dip 4 or 5 cans of copenhagen per week, and I think about quitting every night before I go to bed. Then I wake up the next morning and dip in the shower. It's fucking hard to quit :( If I weren't bored so much in the afternoons I think it'd be easier. I'm getting married this summer, so hopefully when i'm living with someone else I won't be so bored and I can quit. Probably wishful thinking.
I'm having the same problem, I've been telling myself that I'm going to quit but i always wind up getting a can. Being bored a lot is probably what keeps me from stopping too.

Good luck Fancy Cat.

I can agree with the "all or nothing" perspective. Hope it works well for you. 'n remember, drunk people are morons so you can rip 'em off fer lots of gas money on the way home.

Naw, being sober at bars, clubs or parties is the suck in my book.

Yep, its fine if you aren't drinking, but unfortunately everyone else there is. Being around drunk people while sober is really damn annoying.

I have cut back on my alcohol intake recently. Last time I went to the doctor she was concerned with my blood pressure. I was like WTF I'm not even 30 yet.

although I wasn't really a heavy drinker before.

Back