i quit drinking

thats the thing. i can't do anything in moderations. its either all or none. i have an addictive personality and i can't just have one or two socially. i have one or two and it always leads to much more.

its just my personality. i go all out. which means i can have fun without drinking. i don't have any inhibitrions that hold me back when i'm sober. i can talk to girls easier when i'm sober than when i'm hammered.

Yeah, you might want to eliminate it completely. :shrug: I understand.

thats the thing. i can't do anything in moderations. its either all or none. i have an addictive personality and i can't just have one or two socially. i have one or two and it always leads to much more.

its just my personality. i go all out. which means i can have fun without drinking. i don't have any inhibitrions that hold me back when i'm sober. i can talk to girls easier when i'm sober than when i'm hammered.

You gonna be skinny and your liver and lungs will be happy :shock:

You gonna be skinny and your liver and lungs will be happy :shock:

yeah. i went home this weekend to see the folks. saw pics of me when i was 19-20 without drinking and how in shape i was. having fun at parties ect not hammered.

gonna go back to being the golden boy and get away from being the wreck

i support your decision but i think you're taking on too much at once

this is why dieters fail. a gradual process is better

but if it works for more power to you..

ive been getting some nasty hangovers lately so i try and only drink one night a week. i can understand why you've quit

i support your decision but i think you're taking on too much at once

this is why dieters fail. a gradual process is better

but if it works for more power to you..

ive been getting some nasty hangovers lately so i try and only drink one night a week. i can understand why you've quit

i've tried weening myself off.... i've tried limiting myself to 3 or 4 beers when going out with the friends

it doesn't work for me man. i've tried for two years to slow down. i can't. its either full speed or all stop.

i can still have fun. i just won't be ashamed of shit i did or said in the morning, and i won't unessasarily burn bridges anymore.

its hard as shit to drink moderately, especially in a social situation

but its going to be even harder for you to abstain from drinking entirely unless you change your social habits

its impossible to hang out at bars or go out with friends who drink and smoke and not eventually give in to temptation

its hard as shit to drink moderately, especially in a social situation

but its going to be even harder for you to abstain from drinking entirely unless you change your social habits

its impossible to hang out at bars or go out with friends who drink and smoke and not eventually give in to temptation

yeah it would be easier if i had a couple other non drinking cohorts that wanted to go out. i always had those guys in high school. maybe i'll inspire a couple of my other buddies. who knows

either way i'll be better off without alcohol.

dude you can do it, i'm the same exact way with the addictive personality

i believe in u

Well, I didn't start drinking until 3 months after my 19th birthday. Barely legal to say the least. I do not have an addictive personality and when I get enough I stop and eat some food then sleep it off. Actually, I do that about 98 percent of the time and go off the deep end once in awhile, depending on my state of mind.

One time my ex gf wanted to go out to a club but I couldn't drink due to meds and it was one of my worst club experiences ever. I was totally stiff and rigid while dancing and felt disgusted by the drunken idiots around me...lol!!! I felt really weird and out of place to say the least.

Naw, being sober at bars, clubs or parties is the suck in my book.

Good luck to you all the same fancy.

just kinda happened for me too.

i used to be borderline alcoholic. tried moderation etc... no work.

then one day i was like k, no drinky.

i haven't touched alcohol since except for the occasional red wine family dinner functions. and even then i don't even finish a glass.

I can go to a bar or club and only have one drink and still have fun. I guess it depends on your reason for going - if you're already going with friends, I don't see why you have to be trashed. If you're going to meet new people, I can see why it's tempting to drink a lot. But I never go to meet new people. :shrug:

It's best not to get the mentality that you can't let your lips touch alcohol. When you think like that you'll start to crave alcohol even though you don't really want to drink. So every so often have a few beers so it's not building up pressure.

Back