I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since that story

you dont buy dog food or bleach at mcdonalds
this is in RI, MA- higher cost of living areas

i spend $65/week on groceries for my girlfriend and me
when i eat at mcdonalds it costs $6 or whatever for a sandwich, fires and a coke
or $5 for a large coffee and sandwich at dunkin donuts

so 2 meals a day is $22 for 2 people, instead of $65 a week.
i dont eat hamburger helper, mac and cheese, any of that shit from a box. the only thing from a can is red sauce, veggies or tuna fish. everything else is meat, veggies, rice, pasta, cereal (ok, these comes in a box.)

cereal and blueberries for breakfast ($12/week for 2 people)
lunch meat for me: $10/ week. thats a pound of turkey, half pound of cheese and a loaf of bread.

if you think it's cheaper to eat mcdonalds than to buy turkey and cheese, you're a fucking retard

any given week, it's between $180-200...

This. I pay the groceries with a credit card to get miles, and I can monitor our spending. Laurie, Myself, and Ashley at UF, comes out to $800 a month. That's the same as when Ashley lived with us.

Single people and those with a GF will chime saying I'm crazy, how can that be? Well, it is, we don't buy anything over the top and we're not fat. We eat left overs and only go out a couple times a month.

there is something wrong with you if you spend $200/wk on 3 people

or you're including non-food items in your budget

you dont buy dog food or bleach at mcdonalds
this is in RI, MA- higher cost of living areas

I broke out the dog food and cleaning products. $120 or thereabouts is for food only. my daughter is 2 and my son is 5 months old. the $120 now that I think about it I am not really including formula, which is fucking expensive even in powdered form. we are probably stable at $120 a week for food for about the next 2-3 years. and then it rises.

however, in your original example, if you think you can feed a family of 6 on $120 a week, you are delusional.

I live in lower Fairfield County CT, so don't tell me about cost of living. As I said, it is highly dependent on where you live. But I would bet that even if you lived in bumblefuck you couldn't feed a family of 6 on $120 a week.

I don't even care if McDonalds is more or less expensive - it's gross to think about making it an integral part of our diet. But we do supplement our planned meals with take out at least once a week usually on the weekend.

Last edited:
there is something wrong with you if you spend $200/wk on 3 people

or you're including non-food items in your budget

i spend close to 175 a week and its just for me. some people get exercise and have to eat more.

and the people that are buying at mcdonalds to live aren't getting combo meals, they are ordering off the dollar menus.

i don't really count eating out as part of my 'food bill' because i feel like we're mostly paying to get out of the house and not have to cook/clean, not necessarily the food in particular

for me and my gf it's around 150$ a week :(

but like I said I mostly buy organic food from local farms.

for me and my gf it's around 150$ a week :(

but like I said I mostly buy organic food from local farms.

our bill goes up by about $20 a month if we decide to shop for the week at Whole Foods instead of the local supermarket chain.

sometimes it's worth it - they have some awesome stuff at Whole Foods. I feel a lot better about the quality of their freezer food for my kid.

i don't even know how much we spend on food, thats women's business

what the fuck is wrong with you guys

i don't even know how much we spend on food, thats women's business

what the fuck is wrong with you guys

yea, wtf you don't keep your gf in tight enough leash here.
I am sure nogodforme will give you great advice how to fix this situation!

i spend close to 175 a week and its just for me. some people get exercise and have to eat more.

and the people that are buying at mcdonalds to live aren't getting combo meals, they are ordering off the dollar menus.
I exercise quite a bit, and if I was concerned about raw calories the items I would need are cheap as shit. Rice, Beans, Pasta. $175 a week? Are you smoking crack? What the fuck do you eat on a normal day?

god i bet you losers cook your own meals, wash clothes and do dishes as well

i'm living the dream ;)

Back