[Guns] Ordered new long range rifle.

I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with .308 caliber. Typical deer calibers are around .270 to a .30-06, yet all the joe tacticools buy .308. Don't get me wrong, the remington 700 is an excellent rifle design. I just wouldn't go the .308 route with one.

My only guess is that vermillion wants the same rifle as all the cool snipers use. If he's thinking he's gonna bag deer out at 600 yards from his buddie's deck, he needs to be hacked to death with a dull machete.

Nice rifle anyway.

Yeah, I wouldn't have gone with .308 either. A Savage 110 in .270 would be just fine for deer or coyote. Unless of course he's planning on taking a cape buffalo or a grizzly or something.

Le sigh. Nice rifle anyway.

Im surprised gandalf didnt say anything about the ar red dot and 3x for stalking coyote.

I prefer a nice 80mm mortar for coyotes, that's plenty.. If I'm out for deer, I've got a nice 105mm that I can hitch up to the truck to take out to the woods.

every couple of months Vermillion gets worried that we might have forgotten how tiny his penis is, and comes back to make one of these threads

Le sigh. Nice rifle anyway.

Im surprised gandalf didnt say anything about the ar red dot and 3x for stalking coyote.

Why would I say anything? The .223/5.56 round is perfectly fine for smaller game. I'm not going to piss in someone's wheaties because of the platform they choose to use for it. As I said the remington 700 is an excellent rifle, I just wouldn't pick .308 for shooting deer. Elk or Bear, maybe. I'm a fan of the AR15 platform.

Re-reading his original thread topic, I am going to restate that any hunter that goes out thinking they're going to shoot at deer beyond 200 yards needs to die a slow painful death. If you want to discuss the stupidity of that idea, I'd be happy to.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced vermillion bought this rifle and caliber because it's what Bob Lee Swagger uses and all of the mall ninjas jack off to it. I bet he even bought himself a case of this:

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Rifle :: Choose by Caliber :: 308 Win :: 308 Win 168 gr BTHP Match™

I went out 'hunting' once. I shot up a bunch of empty cans and it was awesome.

Then i saw a squirrel and i aimed at it... but i couldn't kill it.

I have nothing against hunters that eat what they kill. Killing coyotes for 'fun' and taking so much pleasure from it is very strange to me.

Re-reading his original thread topic, I am going to restate that any hunter that goes out thinking they're going to shoot at deer beyond 200 yards needs to die a slow painful death. If you want to discuss the stupidity of that idea, I'd be happy to.

I have made many shots at 300+ yards on deer and elk. I live in Colorado and that is more the norm than not. I hunt with a 7mm mag Browning A-bolt... And .308 isn't overkill for deer. Your all fucking retarded. I wouldn't want to hunt bear with anything less than 30-06. And a shotgun full of 3" 400 grain slugs. I have bagged 2 black bears.

i live in arlington VA, i wish i could have one of these rifles for hunting but i dont have the land to practice on and i dont feel like going to the range all the time

Back