Fool's Prisoner of Azkaban review

Hopefully by the time I get cable there will be a good screener of it on the internet.

good, so no Cross country jaunts with a chick dying of cancer, and no akward make out sessions between Harry and Ron.

That makes me happier.

I'd about agree with that review. I really liked POA and enjoyed enjoyed it much more than the previous two movies.

also (I guess this could be considered a spoiler? If not a very small one. But just for safety reasons :p)
Spoiler

Eh, I guess you're right. Thought maybe the whole them being at Hogwarts could have been one. Just making sure though.

I really liked it, I just wish they had slowed down the beginning a bit and explained some stuff better/added more in from the books.

I want to know how they're going to do GOF and OOTP without leaving out a bunch of things. Those books are much longer/larger than the previous 3 books.

25.jpg

:hitit2:

I liked the movie, I thought Harris was a better dumbledore, and they could have taken at least ten more minutes on the shrieking shack scene as well as explaining a little more the whole snape/james potter/lupin/pettigrew/black backstory.

I'm a total HP purist (I love the books, definetly some of my favorite literature).

The third Harry Potter book was fantastic.

This movie was terrible. Fuck all of them. Fuck Cuaron.

Ok seriously, I've lost all hope that they can successfully pull those books off.

Fuck them.

And all you other purists telling and forcing yourselves to like it will come back to reality soon enough

Last edited:
Dr. Love said:
as well as explaining a little more the whole snape/james potter/lupin/pettigrew/black backstory.

Havent seen the movie, but that would have made a great scene. It just puts lots of things into place, and lets you empathize more Harry's father and his group. Before that, they seemed to be just a random plot device sort of thing.

I thought it was the best film in the Harry Potter series so far. This is coming from someone who has never read the books. I had little interest to read the books even after watching the first two movies, but after seeing this one, I feel compelled to read the ones after it.

I'll be going to see the movie later tonight. I just finished reading Goblet of Fire. I thought Prisoner of Azkaban was a great book, holy shit Goblet of Fire blows it out of the water.

Edit: and FUCK YOU to all you HP nay sayers, you know who I'm talking about. The closet faggots who lurk the forums waiting for a HP thread to show up for the chance to be the first to pounce on it, just itching to let someone know that you haven't seen or read anything Harry Potter, nor will you ever. Fucking live in ignorance, we don't fuckin care.

Last edited:
React0r said:
I'm a total HP purist (I love the books, definetly some of my favorite literature).

The third Harry Potter book was fantastic.

This movie was terrible. Fuck all of them. Fuck Cuaron.

Ok seriously, I've lost all hope that they can successfully pull those books off.

Fuck them.

And all you other purists telling and forcing yourselves to like it will come back to reality soon enough

I've read the books multiple times, and I'm not a big enough nerd to ignore the fact that they simply can't turn the books into 2-3 hour movies without snipping. Sorry, fact of life (although from the sounds of things you don't have a life so you probably don't understand).

And if you thought Azkaban was bad, Goblet of Fire will be worse.

Back