Fool's Prisoner of Azkaban review

Did anyone else notice a little hump on Hermione's back whenever she leaned over? It was really distracting for me.

Besides that I thought the movie was fucking great. I'm really looking forward to the next films, and seeing Hermione grown.

as a person who never read the books, i enjoyed the 1st two movies. imo, they did a good job in the 1st two for people who never read the books to get with the movie.

as i finished watching this 3rd one, i felt it rushed too much for me. i was sitting there asking myself a few questions trying to get answers. watching the new dumbledorf, i quickly realized there was something i didnt like about this new one.

course thats my opinion.

I liked it. I noticed Hermoine's little boobies too. As if they needed to dress her up in that tight little sweat jacket. It was almost insulting.

Good flick, although the whole explanation of who was who and what happened went right over my head. Not seeing the first movie and not reading the books might have had something to do with that. :|

The special effects were just plain fucking amazing.

I liked it alot, thought it was a more mature film. A few things is didnt liek about it was the fade to black scenes... overkill! and

Spoiler

I thought I read somewhere that they were starting the fourth move AT the world cup....they were just cutting out all the stuff before that. *shrug*

Cauron was the one who told them not to make 2, 2 hour movies for part 4. But if that's the case it better be the longest of the movies.

Oh and for the extremely anal Potter fans:

"The most provocative deletion for fans: the backstory of the Marauder's Map, Harry's magical guide of Hogwarts. The filmmakers believed the details would work better in a future film."

-Entertainment Weekly

I don't know Fool, I'm gonna have to disagree with your review. I've read every book and seen the previous two movies, and I thought this third edition failed miserably. The plot went nowhere, and even though I thought it was too long they still managed to skip over important scenes and such from the book. I thought the acting and the lines were horrible--the actors degressed in talent and the lines were corny as hell--even the special effects were lacking a bit (just seemed sloppy and weak to me, as compared to the first two).

Maybe I was just too tired (late showing) and I'll have to see it again, but I'm not paying for that, I'll wait until someone I know rents it.

edit: btw, I enjoyed all of the books and the first two movies, which is why I feel slightly cheated and dissapointed over the third.

Last edited:
I believe you set yourself up for disappointment. Rather like the 5th book was somewhat of a disappointment to a lot of people. After waiting 3 years to read the next book, when Goblet of Fire was so amazing, lots of people didn't think it delivered what they'd set it up to be in their own minds.

I see the 3rd film being the same way for the naysayers. They were expecting the best movie ever made, and as such can't appreciate what the film did well. When you think about it, the only things crucial to the plot of the 3rd book is the introduction of Sirius and Peter, and the growing maturity of Harry tied in with the information he receives about his parents.

The film showed both of these, and I think it was done well. Was it perfect? Of course not. But I think the people who were disappointed would have been disappointed with anything short of a completely literal translation to the screen.

[meph]DarkDonut said:
I thought it was the best film in the Harry Potter series so far. This is coming from someone who has never read the books. I had little interest to read the books even after watching the first two movies, but after seeing this one, I feel compelled to read the ones after it.

i feel the same way.

This topic is probably OFN to everyone now....but I just saw the movie last night and thought I'd throw in my $.02.

The Good

Although it took me a while to get past the almost total re-design of the art direction from the first two I did acutally like the look of the 3rd movie the best.

Malfoy's slicked-back hair always bothered me in the first two movies....glad to see the hair gel was put away for this one.

I liked that you got to see the students in normal clothes when not in class.

The music was fantastic...I was watching the credits to see who did it...well no wonder JOHN FUCKING WILLIAMS. Guess I'll be buying the CD.

The Bad

Felt way too rushed....why was this movie one of the shorter ones? The first movie is 10 minutes longer than this one but the book is much shorter. I'm hoping there's a director's cut for the DVD.

While I think I liked the new Dumbledore....it took me a while to get used to him. I guess I just liked the way Richard Harris spoke.....very slow and deliberate. Michael Gambon gave the character a little more energy, but he did a great job...nice subtle facial expressions and vocal inflections when he was telling Hermione what to do at the end. So it really wasn't bad....just bad for me 'cuz it was distracting.

Overall I loved it.....it'll be interesting to see what changes happen in the next film.

Back