[ffxv] the last final fantasy

slogg

Contributor
Veteran XX
Why is the sound mixing in this game so awful

Half the time in a cut scene there is literally zero noise even when it looks like people are talking

Just now the bad guy revealed his true name and I got sucked into a giant hole and the music and sound effects were 10x louder than the speech so I have no clue what happened or why it happened

Nier Automata is a better game but it is okay. That's all.

Also final fantasy V isn't the best one, 7 or 9 is

yeah I remember that part

"Now I am going to give desperate exposition to you for why this game's story matters at all..."

BLANG WOOSH SHAZAM BLAW

"lol now we fight"

game was such shit

i think the combat and quest system was good

world design, aesthetically, also p good

in terms of world exploration/linear story/characters/plot/music/everything else was forgettable

Yeah linear story is also pretty lol. I went to sleep in a trailer and instead I traveled back in time by talking to a Dog and nobody in my party even acknowledged what just happened.

It's one of the least coherent games I've ever played in my life.

platformers were dead for a p long while and then nintendo figured out some shit with the marios and they're some of the best games over the last few years

j-rpgs have the same potential. ff7 being one of the biggest games of all time wasn't some inexplicable anomaly

platformers were dead for a p long while and then nintendo figured out some shit with the marios and they're some of the best games over the last few years

j-rpgs have the same potential. ff7 being one of the biggest games of all time wasn't some inexplicable anomaly

Yeah, and if Square would simply go back to their medieval setting with hardened warriors as the main cast, things would be great.

Ever since FF7, they've been progressively pushing the whiny piss ant amidst a cast of a Japanese teen soap drama as the cast/voicing of these games. Gay as fuck. You all think FF7 was so great; you're just lucky they didn't have voice acting back then. Would've been the biggest penis softener.

Ff7 was the first rpg i ever played. I was 6 or 7 when it came out, so for me it has alot of wow factor. Biggest reason it will always be my favorite, with 9 coming in second.

I have the fondest memories of playing ff3 (6) and ff7, but when I went back and tried to play ff7 a few years ago for nostalgia's sake, I couldn't believe how unplayable it was. It's mostly grinding, button pushing, and not much else. Fun in the 90s but dogshit compared to the greatest games in history (ie t1)

Ff7 definitely does not match the nostalgia goggles

I played both 6 and 9 as an adult and they shit on every other ff I have played, including 7

9 was really really good

I should give 6 another shot, I just couldn't get into it

hrm, 9 is on the google store...but it is like $20

I could just emu it

Last edited:
Back