Espresso/coffee machines at home

How do those steam wands go with soy milk?

Asking for a friend
Soyboy baristas can froth soy milk on these fancy machines it just has to be done quickly and taken off the steam earlier because it apparently curdles easily and at lower temps than milk.

I made an almond milk latte today
shit frothed just fine but at lower temp (120-134F) vs milk frothing at 155F

edit: I mean frosting

can't do almond milk on mine, it just gets really bitter.
A few companies make 'barista' almond milk which is supposed to be much better for frothing, I dunno what they add to it but whatever. Maybe worth a shot. I'ma try some eventually

You should at least be aware right? Not a troll in other words

How Many Almonds Are in a Glass of Almond Milk?

March 26, 2018
Story at-a-glance

An ongoing lawsuit accused one of the most prominent almond growers in the U.S. of fraud, as their almond milk may contain only 2 percent almonds, although most labels don’t report the actual amount

Ingredients used as thickening agents in almond milk often include not-so-healthy carrageenan, guar gum, lecithin and others to give the beverage a milk-like texture

If an entire half-gallon carton of almond milk, such as the plain and unsweetened variety, contains only around 30 almonds, it means an 8-ounce glass would provide only 1 gram of protein and little else, nutrition wise

Whole almonds are a healthier choice than almond milk; one serving of almonds is about a “handful,” equal to about one-quarter cup, providing a wide range of nutrients and antioxidants that include flavonoids and phenolic acids, not to mention protein, fiber and healthy fats

On the plus side

Other thickening agents you might find in almond milk include xantham gum, locust bean gum, gellan gum and acacia gum. However, the almond milk produced by the top two brands, Silk and Blue Diamond, are (presently) lauded as being GMO-free (aka not genetically "tampered with") and (at least in the U.S.) carrageenan-free, according to Healthy Eater.7

I like to switch it up tho
There's always soy, cow milk and almond at my office.

Might switch up almond for pea milk:

dSmgv8q.png

Last edited:
Also ;

Norris prefers to eat whole, organic foods to keep his body properly fueled for his martial arts workouts. He also uses healthier substitutions daily- instead of sugar, he uses stevia, which is a natural plant derived sweetener.

Whole milk or bust

Seriously don't be a puss
Holy fuk brob
Completely unrelated but looks like windows finally fixed HDR.
Just walked in at home and saw pc updated to latest Windows build (17134). No more need for plex and no more washed out hdr windows desktop!

Back