Drink Guinness if you want to be REAL men

Killjoy- said:
Bounty puts shit in his guinness so his opinion is moot.
WTF - No I don't. I do carbombs every now and then, but more or less I'm pretty much always drinking Guinness - usually at the pub. I will RARELY ... actually, it's been more than a year now ... have a Black & Tan.

El Mariachi said:
hey bounty... do you want a status update?

YES! What was the outcome? Did I help or hinder?

Kaiser(A) said:
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager

These two are far superior to Guinness.
I would agree with SA Boston Lager. I think it's actually very underappreciated (especially by beer connoisseurs) for how well-balanced and falvorful it is. Guinness is fine, but the flavor is somewhat thin.

Bounty said:
No way, man. Guinness is a gift from God. In fact, it's not only a drink, it's a meal. I was hungry last night and couldn't find anything to eat, so I just downed a couple of pints and it turned out to be the best meal I've had in a week!

Thats why I don't drink Guiness. 2 pints and I am full for hours. Not a healthy meal and if I am drinking I have to wait a couple hours to make some room and by then I sober up and lose the buzz I worked so hard on.

guinn1.jpg

Doc Holliday said:
Thats why I don't drink Guiness. 2 pints and I am full for hours. Not a healthy meal and if I am drinking I have to wait a couple hours to make some room and by then I sober up and lose the buzz I worked so hard on.
The power of perception... Guinness actually has way less calories, alcohol, and density than most beers (note how it floats on TOP of the Harp in a Black and Tan). The nitrogen and the opaque color give the perception of a heavy, syrupy beer, but it's really rather thin. Personally, I can drink the stuff like water.

I drink Jägermeister straight. every once in a while I will drink some coke with it, especially if I want something really sweet.

but I can't drink beer. it tastes like piss water. and guiness looks like someone took a shit in piss water.

Bounty said:
YES! What was the outcome? Did I help or hinder?

Well she obviously didn't mind, and I think she got over the fact that I slept with her friend before i met her. She got over it quickly, but then again she said she needed '48 hours to get used to the fact'

hahah. we'll see.

She called sunday night and i'm kind of up in the air if i should call her tonight or wait until tomorrow

though today is the end of the 48 hour period

Lockerbie said:
The power of perception... Guinness actually has way less calories, alcohol, and density than most beers (note how it floats on TOP of the Harp in a Black and Tan). The nitrogen and the opaque color give the perception of a heavy, syrupy beer, but it's really rather thin. Personally, I can drink the stuff like water.

I find this to be true as well.

They should make a slogan: "Guinness, because it tastes better than water."

El Mariachi said:
Well she obviously didn't mind, and I think she got over the fact that I slept with her friend before i met her. She got over it quickly, but then again she said she needed '48 hours to get used to the fact'

hahah. we'll see.

She called sunday night and i'm kind of up in the air if i should call her tonight or wait until tomorrow

though today is the end of the 48 hour period

Tell her to call me if she has any lingering doubts -- I will gladly testify as to your prowess in the bedroom.

Maybe you should call her friend, too ... hrmmm ...

Lockerbie said:

2 pints and I feel like I just ate 4 double cheese burgers.

Back