Drink Guinness if you want to be REAL men

i went to ireland this summer and was mildly amused to see 3 beers consistantly on tap in every pub i went to. guiness, carlsberg and budweiser. i enjoyed the guiness over there much more than any i've had in the states. the beamish and murphy's was top notch too

If you guys want really good stout try to find St. Peters somewhere. Its a lil pricey but f'ing worth it, big time.

MC Hamster said:
To the folks who say 'Guinness tastes like crap' and even that beer in general tastes like crap.. well.. you're obviously not someone who's ever acquired a taste for it.

Yes, when I was a kid, beer was a horribly foul tasting thing. Then you realise that it's not so bad, and start to appreciate it. Then, you can start to really, really enjoy the taste of a beer. Same goes for most wines, and spirits. Sure, you don't have to enjoy them, or even drink them if you don't want to, but don't have the arrogance to tell other people what they do or don't enjoy

Maybe you shouldn't have the arrogance to tell someone who has tasted 100s of different beers and has been homebrewing for over 5 years, that they have never acquired a taste for it.

I enjoy plenty of kinds of beer. Guinness is one of the few that I stopped drinking, mainly because I acquired a taste for other stuff. Plus, if I'm going to pay $4-5 for a beer, I'd like to get my money's worth. So it's not so much that I dislike Guinness, but I would prefer pretty much anything else. It's refreshing on occasion, though. It's funny how some people equate dark beer with manly-ness. Maybe it makes them feel like a big man to be able to chug a dark colored, but low alcohol, low calorie beer. :lol:

Adversity said:
Maybe you shouldn't have the arrogance to tell someone who has tasted 100s of different beers and has been homebrewing for over 5 years, that they have never acquired a taste for it.
I'm going to assume that his comments were directed at those people who swear by their budmillercoors. Guinness IS an acquired taste for those people. Obviously, once you've had your Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stouts and Victory Storm King Stouts, Guinness isn't going to cut it any more.

Bounty said:
100_2319.jpg

Must suck to be on a team with all those faggots.

P.S. I am a nazi about my beer and I love Guiness.

GhostHorse said:
if its in the UK... US guiness just doesnt measure up :(
Guiness is marketed different for the American's who have no taste in beer.

But also if you're in the UK, you should be able to get better beer than guiness fairly easily.

Back