[Cars] Anyone own a g35?

just a suggestion, but have you thought about the a4 3.2 quattro?

only* 255hp but they handle like they're on rails, i test drove one when my dad was buying an a8

edit: or a 1 or two year old s4? they are right in your range

you can get an 1-2 year old S4 for 30k????

and all i hear about audi's are the bad electrical problems they have. I've been eyeing A4s as well. They are small though. Is the 3.2 q better then say the 2.0T(if it comes in quattro, if not then its a mute point)

Last edited:
eBay Motors: Audi : S4 (item 270189142335 end time Nov-26-07 15:40:05 PST)

this one is listed for 30k but you could prob get it for a bet less:
eBay Motors: Audi : S4 (item 270190197093 end time Dec-02-07 14:58:05 PST)

as far as the quality issues go, we've owned a '98, '01 and we have an '07 a8. the worst electrical "problem" that we've had is that the golve box opener stopped working, but that was fixed under warranty.

one thing about the 4.2l though; the cams are driven via a belt off the crank and its a good idea to have hat replacesd every three years or so. but other than that the cars have been flawless

But, from what I read on some review forums, due to the engine weight and the suspension set up, the front tires can wear very unevenly on the inside tread. This results in cupping in the tires and many people have had to replace tires once a year since they have owned the car. This can be a minor issue in some, but other have reported it being a big deal. Just something to consider when looking at them. So, pay attention to the tread when test driving. If you want to keep quality tires on it, this problem could end up costing you upwards of $800 a year, excluding other maintenance.

Oh, and according to dealerships, there is nothing they can do to fix the problem.

*EDIT* The tire problem is reported in the G35 Coupe, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Funny you should mention this. When we went down to the dealership to buy the car, they offered her a tire warranty. At first we dismissed it as some rip off that the finance manager tries to push on people to suck more $$$ out of them, but we did some calculating and figured it was only like $700 or so and that for 3 years, she'd probably go through at least one set of tires which would more than cover the cost. While the tread is still good, she's gotten three new tires from nails and a flat.

Have you checked this out?
Pricing
Prices for a manual transmission A5 will start $39,900 with the automatic transmission option raising the sticker to $41,200. The A5 hits U.S. shores in the spring of 2008.

7-audi-a5.jpg

Last edited:
you can get an 1-2 year old S4 for 30k????

and all i hear about audi's are the bad electrical problems they have. I've been eyeing A4s as well. They are small though. Is the 3.2 q better then say the 2.0T(if it comes in quattro, if not then its a mute point)

I had my audi catch fire and burn to nothingness on the side of I-10. The previous week something fried w/ wiring and was replaced.

I blame it catching fire on wiring =[

This was ~5 years ago though so who knows if they improved.

I had my audi catch fire and burn to nothingness on the side of I-10. The previous week something fried w/ wiring and was replaced.

I blame it catching fire on wiring =[

This was ~5 years ago though so who knows if they improved.

VW and Audi cars still like to catch on fire. My GTi had some singe marks on the firewall. It never fully burst into flames though. I saw tons of MKIV GTis go up in flames though.

Back