[Cars] Anyone own a g35?

another problem with the C or 3-series is that almost every feature is "optional" even leather seats. so to get it fully loaded (leather seats, nav system, etc) to what you would expect in a TL or IS/G35 is going to add about $5k-8k to the actual price of the car. i think the TL is priced with the nav system included but i'm not sure, i believe it is optional on the IS and G35 but that they include leather seats, sunroof, etc.

I agree, which is why im looking at used ones.

Ive found a limited number for 6speed maunal g35s from a range of 28-30k. These seem to come with all features (nav, leather, sunroof,moonroof, etc..) which is really nice.

yeah from what i've heard 1-2 years used gives you the best value on that class of car. drops 5-8k in price for only 10-15k miles.

also, why the insistence on manual?

Girlfriend has a G35 coupe. It feels a bit cramped on the inside, but it's definitely fun to drive. I rode in my friend's G35 sedan. Feels like an entirely different car.

My brother has one, he says he has a boner every time he drives it, but he constantly complains about how much money he spends on gas. I'm 6'5'' and the coupe seems a little small for me.

i'm 6'2, they are long cars, and i do not plan on putting anyone in the back seats. (i want the coupe and never put anyone in the back seats anyway)

have you sat in one? my head was practically hitting the roof... granted, i was coming from a civic coupe and just wanted more space, so i may have had different expectations.

yeah from what i've heard 1-2 years used gives you the best value on that class of car. drops 5-8k in price for only 10-15k miles.

also, why the insistence on manual?

because i miss having one. I drive an automatic right now and have wanted to go back to having fun when i drove. being able to control the power of the car adds something to the driving experience :)

And yea, it seems to be a great buy now for the 1-2 year old models. Even though in the long run I might not be able to get much for the car later if i plan on selling it, but for now its a heck of a good thing.

have you sat in one? my head was practically hitting the roof... granted, i was coming from a civic coupe and just wanted more space, so i may have had different expectations.

I tend to ride like a black man with the seat all the way back and back rest tilted back a bit. I drive a crap 2 door chrysler right now and my head room is eh but it doesn't bother me. Not something I'm looking for. I have a sun roof right now and love it, so the next one will have one as well.

and no i haven't sat in one as of yet.

i was set on buying one until i sat in it. comfort is more important to me than style. i was bummed :/

happy with my TL though. gl

oh i'm the exact opposite

i like the look of the IS350 better

I actually like the Acura TL better than both cars, but both the 350 and G35 have more power

me too

the 350 is like $6k more though with all the options. its pushin $40k after you get it where you want it. meh.

I was considering a G35 for a bit and drove a few. They're very nice, and if I had been looking for a more luxury option I probably would have bought it. That doesn't really help much on maintenance/reliability though...

i was set on buying one until i sat in it. comfort is more important to me than style. i was bummed :/

happy with my TL though. gl

I heard the TL is quite small as well though...

the TL is on top of the list as well, but I would love it if it came in manual.

Plus isn't the inside of the g bigger then the TL?

LOL, not even close... tl is like twice as roomy

I heard the TL is quite small as well though...

the TL is on top of the list as well, but I would love it if it came in manual.

dude its no contest. the TL is a full-size car. you may be thinking of the TSX. even then, the TSX has it beat (its a 4 door). i dont think acura makes any 2 door cars anymore.

Last edited:
he just needs to go test drive these damn cars. everyone has a preference on the space.. some people are wider than others, some have longer legs, some dont give a fuck if theres an inch clearance... its just something to be aware of it.

I can't comment on the G35, but my parents have the M. I love driving it and my dad loves it for long road trips and takes it where ever he goes for work, since it's very comfortable. My mom hates it because she can't see over the hood and she gets distracted by the navi system. I drove it into work, about an hour each, way this summer and it was a very smooth ride. I drive it all the time when go home, too. Found out last week that it does well in snow, also.

I am also considering a "new pre-owned car. I looked at the G35, and because of the styling/look, it was one of the top on my list. However, one of the major problems that I read about while checking them out was the tire wear issue. I didn't read all of the posts, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, or said they had a problem with it personally. But, from what I read on some review forums, due to the engine weight and the suspension set up, the front tires can wear very unevenly on the inside tread. This results in cupping in the tires and many people have had to replace tires once a year since they have owned the car. This can be a minor issue in some, but other have reported it being a big deal. Just something to consider when looking at them. So, pay attention to the tread when test driving. If you want to keep quality tires on it, this problem could end up costing you upwards of $800 a year, excluding other maintenance.

Oh, and according to dealerships, there is nothing they can do to fix the problem.

*EDIT* The tire problem is reported in the G35 Coupe, sorry for the misunderstanding.

You may also consider the BMW 3 series, Acura TL, Audi A4, and the Lexus IS (a bit more price wise). They are all around the same price used, being a couple years old with around 20-30k miles.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
just a suggestion, but have you thought about the a4 3.2 quattro?

only* 255hp but they handle like they're on rails, i test drove one when my dad was buying an a8

edit: or a 1 or two year old s4? they are right in your range

I drive the 2003 G35 sedan. Loved it when I first got it. Still love it. Remarked to a friend the other day that if I could buy any new car of the same price range, I'd probably buy the same car. I had to replace all four tires last year, so they lasted me about 3 years. I recently had the cd player break on me, but that is probably covered under warranty, but no big deal. It's actually quite roomy compared to most four door sedans that I have been in. Although the "hump" in the middle back is always a little uncomfortable in most cars. All in all I'd say get one. They come standard with the shift-o-matic thing if you want to drive it quasi-manually as well.

Back