[Best Man Duties] Bachelor Parties

electronic_lsd

Veteran XV
One of my best friends just asked me to be his Best Man. What happened at the craziest bachelor party all of you have been to? Looking for ideas for planning this one.

well ideally it'll be a crowd pleaser, but bear in mind that the party should be more for the groom-to-be than for you and his buddies.

if he's really into wine for example, but none of you guys are into it, suck it up and do a wine tour (bad bachelor party example - i know).

plan early, plan big (assuming you and your friends can all afford it).

we can definitely afford it. i was thinking a ski trip with all the debauchery. i wanna hear your stories from ones you've been to tw.

Welps...the best way to make it happen is to plan it out and have it all taken care of. And it depends on what type of guy is this...is he more comfortable with a good time with friends, and a nice steak dinner or does he want a rip-roaring party with lots of naked chicks. And what can you and the guys afford. This is about him, right, you have to make him feel good about getting hitched for the rest of his life.

Plan it out, not to the letter, but at least have a semblance of what you want to do. That includes alcohol to be consumed, locations to peruse, and making sure you've got all the incidentals like designated drivers, contact info for the guys, stuff like that taken care of.

If you plan on taking him to a strip bar, call before the day of, and work it out with the manager or the club. If you give them a bit of cash as a placeholder, they should perk up and make it a good time.

If you're just looking to have a good time with friends, think about some of his favorite stuff to do, add beer and just go do it.

Bachelor parties can be awesome, but sometimes outside problems can really ruin the night. I got jumped at my cousin's bachelor party while we were at the strip car by some big azz, drunk moke. Sorta ruined the night, so be careful.

I've been to some kick ass bachelor parties. I suggest the following for the night:
-prayer circle
-burnt offering
-grain offering
-sin offering
-guilt offering
-ordination offering
-fellowship offering
-prayer circle

just round up the bros, set up the slip 'n slide in the backyard. make sure you have a nice tire swing there, a trampoline if you're ballin. if you got a powerwheels corvette, floss with that shit up and down the cul de sac. keep a cooler full of juice boxes close at hand. as far as wardrobe, zebra print zubaz pants, LA gear sneakers and neon colored tank tops will be your go to's.

i mean im just basing this off my birthday party in 1991 but i think it's a good starting point for any party really

I've been to some kick ass bachelor parties. I suggest the following for the night:
-prayer circle
-burnt offering
-grain offering
-sin offering
-guilt offering
-ordination offering
-fellowship offering
-prayer circle

ah hah, i see what you did there

took bestfriend gambling, strip clubbing, then off to the lakehouse for 3 days of drinking and boating

he loved it, but thats what he loves to do

so, if you know your friend, should be easy to plan

For instance, myself, I would like to take a week or 2 and sail around the british isles

I don't understand the tradition of licentiousness behind bachelor parties. It's like admitting that the wedding ceremony and document are more important than your commitment to another person. "Yeah I'll be committed to her once we sign the license and he says I may kiss the bride, but until that happens, LAST NIGHT OF FREEDOM WOOO!"

I'm not an expert, as both my wives said their vows with their fingers crossed and used the certificate of marriage to wipe their ass, but that's just how I feel about it.

How to get out of throwing a bachelor party for someone you don't like.

[1:29 PM] Slatey: I'll put money towards Ed's ticket but I don't think I'm gonna come down for it. It sounds like you guys already have it planned anyway.
[1:29 PM] Dawn's Cell: Text message sent. Learn more
[1:54 PM] Dawn's Cell: Y not?
[1:54 PM] Dawn's Cell: Can u come if we change the date?
[3:33 PM] Slatey: It's a long drive to come down to see a baseball game I know I won't like and eat some rabbit food afterwards. And you know Ed and I aren't really close if at all - which is also why I was kinda like "wtfs mate" when he asked me to be the best man.

[3:34 PM] Slatey: And with such short notice, especially right after my Italy trip I'm going to be swamped catching up with work and whatever else.
[4:11 PM] Dawn's Cell: why dont ypu tell your mom u dont want to do it.
[5:07 PM] Slatey: I don't know what my mom has to do with any of this...?

[5:48 PM] Dawn's Cell: Your mom thought Ed should ask you.
[5:49 PM] Slatey: Ok well was Ed going to ask anyone else?
[5:49 PM] Dawn's Cell: Ed is gonna call you to settle this matter. It is between you. But this is our happiest day and we dont anyone ruining it.
[5:49 PM] Dawn's Cell: Yes.
[5:50 PM] Slatey: Well - if Ed had someone he would have rather asked - I would have been fine with that
[5:50 PM] Dawn's Cell: We know you wouldve been fine. :)
[5:52 PM] Slatey: I didn't turn down the role - I just said I don't think I'm coming to the baseball game. But if Ed has someone else in mind for best man that he's buddies with - I think that person should have been the best man. The best man is supposed to be someone that the groom is close with - so I was puzzled when I got asked because I don't think I suit that role.
[5:53 PM] Dawn's Cell: It isnt fair for Ed to miss out on a bachelor party because you dont have time or interest to plan one. when rog and chirag saw you werent doing anything it d
[5:53 PM] Dawn's Cell: with only a couple weekends availabe, they both stepped up to takr the reigs.edon'
[5:53 PM] Dawn's Cell: Reigns.
[5:53 PM] Dawn's Cell: We thought you would embrace the role not think of it as a burden.
[5:54 PM] Dawn's Cell: We were hoping it would have brought you closer. Best man has to organize bachelor party and make a speech.
[5:56 PM] Dawn's Cell: No one is trying to displace but just surprised they hadnt heard from you regarding the bachelor party esp since you are leaving for two weeks and we onll tho
[5:56 PM] Dawn's Cell: y have one or two weeknds available for the bachelor party.eighb
[6:02 PM] Slatey: you sent an e-mail out a week ago regarding a bachelor party and the date of the wedding. Aside from that - I really haven't heard anything about the wedding from you or Ed. It's super short notice and I've been busy with work and a 2 week trip out of the country - so I don't really know what you guys are expecting. Don't even have any information about tuxedos and the color of the tuxedo and style etc. I have no idea how long it takes to get that - but everything seems to be last minute here.

Dawn's Cell Oh hell no! Are you kidding me? The bride SHOULD NOT be planning your bachelor party. Second, we put together a remote wedding in two weekends after worko muc
(9:37:06 PM) Dawn's Cell ing 12 hour days. his m
(9:37:35 PM) Dawn's Cell Third, You have not even offered to help.
(9:38:20 PM) Dawn's Cell It's fine. I should have guessed.
(9:47:15 PM) Slatey when you asked me to be the best man you guys specifically said Chirag was getting baseball tickets for the bachelor party - so I didn't need to plan anything.......

(9:48:47 PM) Dawn's Cell Because there are only two free weekends left and no one heard from you. Clearly you arent the right guy. So forget it.
(9:50:01 PM) Slatey No - in February you said Chirag was getting tickets - after I asked Ed if he wanted a bachelor party
(9:50:42 PM) Dawn's Cell No we said baseball is what he wanted to do. Juat forget it all.
(9:51:12 PM) Dawn's Cell It was a wrong decision. You clearly are too busy. So we will remove the burden.
(9:51:58 PM) Dawn's Cell Go to italy knowing that you have no responsibilities for the wedding other than the tux.
(9:58:08 PM) Slatey When will you guys send me the information about the tux?
(10:00:31 PM) Dawn's Cell Go this weekend.
(10:00:41 PM) Dawn's Cell Chooses
(10:05:25 PM) Dawn's Cell You can go now and get fitted. Jos a banks has your name. The vest comes in one size and will just swap out the vest ed vhooses.

Last edited:
Back