2019-nCoV

FOgFwXLWYAczJl9

:lol: this bitch is absolutely shameless

why does the change my mind guy wear a holster in his videos

is he gonna stop a crime in his studio by his cameraman or something

I would guess it's probably a combination of a sponsorship agreement, increasing mug sales to 60 year olds by 2%, and telegraphing that he isn't actually a homosexual.

telegraphing that he isn't actually a homosexual.

I've begun to have a fatherly affection for men that feel they need to do that.
I'm not going to change them, but they should know that regular people still accept them.

The coronavirus pandemic has been deadlier in red states

COVID is killing more people per 100,000 in red states than in blue states, a reflection of GOP resistance to vaccines.

What a surprise.

IagoDisneyCharacter.png

"I think I'll have a heart attack and die, from that surprise."

For real, unless we do a better job of educating, word of mouth-- social media-- is going to outpace science, that's how it's going to go.

I don't think anybody is going to have their mind changed here, as this is some kind of redneck pissing contest, where they high five one another when they think they have someone on the drain.

I'm sort of on the battlegrounds, with . . (not going to say whom I'm with here), but if you have credentials, get involved at a local level. It's terrible to say, but the most vocal advocates we have here are people that lost family that refused vaccination/masks/social distancing. They died.

Last edited:
I've begun to have a fatherly affection for men that feel they need to do that.
I'm not going to change them, but they should know that regular people still accept them.

You just professed to being a commy since the 80's and have a very overly inflated vision of self worth to the point of comical proportions.

Regular ..

lmao

Couldn't be because those states have higher obesity rates.

You can't just superimpose lenses of fatness over being an American. We're the fattest country in the world.

I mean you can, to your own satisfaction, but bringing your findings here will afford you nothing, sorry.

If you're looking fraternity, it's true that as the fattest country in the world, the most obese are in the SE united states and it appears that the lowest IQ people populate that same area. Incest rates, same. I've been an advocate for their motion to secede for years.

well, closet gays aren't regular ppl b/c gays aren't regular ppl - if they were regular ppl they wouldn't b gay

jfc

The coronavirus pandemic has been deadlier in red states

COVID is killing more people per 100,000 in red states than in blue states, a reflection of GOP resistance to vaccines.

What you've linked is an opinion piece which has referenced another opinion as the source for its argument. It has a nice fancy graph with labeling which is meant for you to confuse correlation with causation.

M7bYAck.png

I have a few things to say about what the graph suggests. The last peak explains the close case rate between red and blue as 'the vaccines being less effective against omicron' and makes no mention of the vaccines being less effective because they also wane over time and most people aren't quad boosted for omicron - you can clearly see the efficacy in blue's protection dropping prior to omicron and that trajectory would have continued (not to the same degree obviously because the case rates of omicron shot through the roof).

The second to last peak explains the disparity between red and blue due to red states having lower vaccine rates. What it doesn't explain is that this was also during the summer, which in the south means the majority of people are inside with the windows shut and AC on - this has the same outcome of northern states during the winter. It's widely known that case rates go up in the winter because it's the heating season, people are indoors, windows closed. I've never seen the media acknowledge this for the hotter states in the summer.

This article goes on to link to another in JAMA: The Growing Influence of State Governments on Population Health in the United States
In 2021, excess deaths were disproportionately concentrated in states where resistance to COVID-19 vaccination was prevalent. For example, excess death rates in Florida and Georgia (more than 200 deaths per 100 000) were much higher than in states with largely vaccinated populations such as New York (112 per 100 000), New Jersey (73 deaths per 100 000), and Massachusetts (50 per 100 000).

We're really cherry-picking which states we want to compare here and when but I noticed they didn't explicitly mention California. Let's go take a quick look at excess deaths since the start of this pandemic by state....

Z2fUtV8.png

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/dataviz8737/viz/COVID_excess_mort_withcauses_02162022/NumberOfExcessDeaths
I'm Canadian so I'm going to need some help here. Is California a red state or a blue state? /s

These Axios and JAMA articles (opinions) focus on covid but I think the more interesting read is the underlying paper their premise is based on:
Rising Geographic Disparities in US Mortality - PubMed
Abstract

The 21st century has been a period of rising inequality in both income and health. In this paper, we find that geographic inequality in mortality for midlife Americans increased by about 70 percent between 1992 and 2016. This was not simply because states like New York or California benefited from having a high fraction of college-educated residents who enjoyed the largest health gains during the last several decades. Nor was higher dispersion in mortality caused entirely by the increasing importance of "deaths of despair," or by rising spatial income inequality during the same period. Instead, over time, state-level mortality has become increasingly correlated with state-level income; in 1992 income explained only 3 percent of mortality inequality, but by 2016 state-level income explained 58 percent. These mortality patterns are consistent with the view that high-income states in 1992 were better able to enact public health strategies and adopt behaviors that, over the next quarter-century, resulted in pronounced relative declines in mortality. The substantial longevity gains in high-income states led to greater cross-state inequality in mortality.

...which is a bit more of a balanced take on socioeconomic factors.

hey guise im a stats genius lets talk about a disease that only kills old fat people then compare states without taking into account how many old or fat people live there

Mississippi #1

Mississippi #1

This wouldn't be maybe because it is the most obese state? or maybe because the Blacks won't vaccinate?

When I go to the Kroger I estimate 80% of the Black people are wearing masks along with around 50% of the elderly I see over 70.

I'm over 60 and quit wearing a mask anywhere unless I have too. So far I have not got the Covid. Yet...

Insert Death Cert. next few days because I opened my big mouth.

Back