Red Dead Redemption coming May 2010

I will pirate this game if it ever comes out on PC, then I'll burn copies for all of my friends! I will throw burned dvds off of tall buildings like confetti to show my appreciation for these jerks waiting months to port it, like the PC is some second-class citizen in their gaming world.

Or I'll do like I did with GTA4. I will completely forget about it after the console release, then the PC release will go by and days or weeks or months later I will notice that it's out and say "Meh, who cares." and not even spend the 30 seconds it takes to get the torrent. You think I want to pay full price for a game that has already come and gone 6 months ago on the consoles? That's about as awesome as the $15 MW2 DLC that only has 3 new maps.

Sad, the PC can do so much more with sandbox games than consoles could ever dream of, but consoles are where all the kids/money are.

That depends on if you play games to enjoy playing games or if you play games right when they come out so you can rush to the internet to tell all your e-buddies that you beat it before them.

I would also like a good answer to this, I just seem to be getting only fan boy answers from both sides.

Same here. The only reason I leaning toward the 360 is that I have more
friends on xbox live...

I've had both systems for a while now and I love both of them.

I'm getting it for 360 mainly for the fact of more friends being on xbox live, so that I can play with them or chat with them while I'm playing the game.

That being said, if, come release time, there are a some issues with it on one console as opposed to another (like Bayonetta for example) then I'll get it for the other one. Otherwise it won't make much of a difference, unless you like hoarding trophies or upping your gamerscore more.

UPDATE 3/30/2010
Glowing reviews from PAX East (which R* dominated):
PAX East 10: Red Dead Redemption Progress Report - PlayStation 3 Preview at IGN
PAX: Inside Red Dead Redemption’s Alluring Wild West | GameLife | Wired.com
Red Dead Redemption Preview: I'm A No Good Dirty Horse Murderer - Red dead redemption - Kotaku

The game was hands-on playable, but the line was VERY long. It sucks that people had to wait so long, but the R* booth was about as big as PAX will let you have it. I guess it's a testament to how much buzz RDR is starting to generate. :clap:

I would also like a good answer to this, I just seem to be getting only fan boy answers from both sides.

Both systems have their pros/cons.

That being said: my personal opinion is 360 > PS3.

No particularly definitive reason.

But I'm guessing development on it began on PS3 much like the prequel began on PS2.

It might be different this time around, but I think there was an early teaser for this sequel and it was on PS3 hardware.

Also fuck xbox

This is incorrect.

Last edited:
developing for 360 > developing for PS3 for sure.

although I heard a recent ps3 firmware update gives you 70mb more of memory to work with, which is huge

Yeah I'm sold on this game. I really don't want to buy it on 360 because I like everything about the PS3 more...except for the fact that no one I know fucking has one :rofl:

But I don't know how much I'd be playing this one online anyway...

I don't really think any console multiplayer is worthy of me starting my xbox live subscription up again.

Oh? OK.

I honestly thought RDR (1) started at Capcom for PS2.

I know the xbox version of it had many improvements though.

Sorry.

No, I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Most of that post was actually correct, the part that was incorrect was the assumption that it started out as a PS3 exclusive.

You're right about Red Dead Revolver. I didn't work on that project so I can't speak as to the details, but it did start out at Capcom and had a little bit of a weird development history.

No, I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Most of that post was actually correct, the part that was incorrect was the assumption that it started out as a PS3 exclusive.

You're right about Red Dead Revolver. I didn't work on that project so I can't speak as to the details, but it did start out at Capcom and had a little bit of a weird development history.

Got it. Thanks.

I didn't really think it started as an exclusive but only that the development began on PS3, but I guess that's wrong.

I cant wait for this game. The wild west setting is something that's been woefully underrepresented in games, when when games are made for it, they are usually pretty awful.

Back