BadMofo

Yeah wtf good is it to unionize if everybody gets fired?

Sent from *Magic Device* using Tapatalk 4.9.5

has anyone talked to skelly about maybe holding a remembrance sausage fest for him this year? i can help out with setting up and cooking and all that just not really a great place to hold events like that at my pad.

there's a lot of IT jobs you can't push overseas. if the remaining IT workers were unionized they could apply pressure to ensure a minimum workforce in the US or to force conditions that would require more US workers.

for example, I know some people who have severely unbalanced on call OPS teams where the majority of the team members are in india. this results in the US team members carrying more on call shifts and having to take late meetings to sync up with team members in india.

I've been on projects where QA and the PM were in india while engineering and ops were here in the US. the PM scheduled twice daily status meetings at 8 AM and 8 PM because that was the only way they could stay on top of the project.

situations like these would only change if companies were forced to address the issues by union rules or hefty shift differential pay rates.

Modern businesses aren't just going to suddenly be like, "Well we better use only Union labor." :lol:

Those companies will just fire all of the employees and outsource all of the jobs.

but they can't outsource all of the jobs. that's simply not possible. even with the best SaaS, IaaS, cloud shits, and automation it's not possible. they like to think it's possible, but if they could outsource everything they would have already done it.

loaded labor rate of a tech employee in india is 25% to 50% of a US worker. we're not kept around because we're good company.

has anyone talked to skelly about maybe holding a remembrance sausage fest for him this year? i can help out with setting up and cooking and all that just not really a great place to hold events like that at my pad.

im supposed to goto peru for couple mo, but after that, if yall do something like this, that somehow includes his family, im there

there's a lot of IT jobs you can't push overseas. if the remaining IT workers were unionized they could apply pressure to ensure a minimum workforce in the US or to force conditions that would require more US workers.

for example, I know some people who have severely unbalanced on call OPS teams where the majority of the team members are in india. this results in the US team members carrying more on call shifts and having to take late meetings to sync up with team members in india.

I've been on projects where QA and the PM were in india while engineering and ops were here in the US. the PM scheduled twice daily status meetings at 8 AM and 8 PM because that was the only way they could stay on top of the project.

situations like these would only change if companies were forced to address the issues by union rules or hefty shift differential pay rates.

Obama says who needs outsourcing?

Visa Rules Manipulated -- Obama Nods to the Tech Industry ...

We got more insourcing on the way

Fuck yo union and your couch, nigga

Last edited:

I texted him, I'll give him a call next week

.......Just got off the phone with Scoob and finished reading this thread...............too sad to type. I'll be there on the 15th for sure.....

Going to miss you Boofoo RIP

im supposed to goto peru for couple mo, but after that, if yall do something like this, that somehow includes his family, im there

u wanna woo fat yara and bring her to live in your hobo truck with you?

orrrrrrr i bet you're hoping to get out of the truck and into mofos old house eh? good call ;d

Who the fuck are these babies.......Good times

101-0116_IMG_zpspdh4yjnv.jpg

i didn't want to bring it up earlier but seeing how the thread degenerated now, i completely agree with you. I don't know who shot first but for sure mofo "lost" the nexting war.

Haha i made him lose his job what a loser
lolol fat wife divorced him
kekekeee spiraling alcoholic depression
bloops made his heart die
i win the forums

what is this autism im reading

Back