Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoFix. Where is that info from. I havent seen anything about that yet. And the only games they have developed were PC games. It makes much more sense that it will be developed as a PC game, and ported to console. Not calling you a liar, just looking for a link.

There had better be a god damned targeting laser....

I don't think anyone is really aware of the fact, THAT is the reason T:V failed.

*edit:* well..... ok.... it was that and the suck.

You attack Diamond Sword light
with your spinfusor:
miss

You attack Diamond Sword light
with your spinfusor:
near miss for 12HP

:)
I'm confused, does ?B-MAN actually think T1 jump scripts came out after Tribes 2's release?

No. I think a lot of you are misunderstanding what I was saying about happyjump. I'm not saying happyjump makes T1 physics exactly like T2 or TV. Of course it doesn't. What it does do is make the mechanics of attempting to ski work in a similar way as T2 or TV. And it does work a lot better then a lot of jump scripts. For me, when I compare methods to ski in T1 versus say T2C I am looking at how its done stock without any jump scripts or happyjump. Skiing stock in T1 is far more difficult than skiing in T1 using jump scripts and especially with happyjump. Obviously its preferable these days to have more of the auto jump skiing than the old T1 stock method of skiing.

I was mentioning that because there are discussions about how skiing in T2 or TV is easier than T1. Yes its easier to ski in T2C compared to stock T1. But for me, if you use happyjump specifically it makes skiing in T1 almost as easy as it is in T2 or TV. I dont think thats a bad thing. I just think if you argue about skill level of skiing in T1 versus T2C I'm going to assume you don't use happyjump. I am in no way an elite player and I don't play much T1 these days. I will say this. If I play T1 and use happyjump its like night and day for me. I can ski effortlessly with happyjump. If I go stock its like 1998 again and I'm calling for an APC pickup.

He is thinking the mechanic of skiing - having a script vs mashing spacebar is now the same in all 3 games..

whereas you guys were talking about the FEEL of the game while skiing, which is Different ...

But yeah, I think he actually knows that whole paragraaph part, he was just arguing the other part.

Mindflayer I'm going to dub you my official interpreter. ;)

Last edited:
:)

No. I think a lot of you are misunderstanding what I was saying about happyjump. I'm not saying happyjump makes T1 physics exactly like T2 or TV. Of course it doesn't. What it does do is make the mechanics of attempting to ski work in a similar way as T2 or TV. And it does work a lot better then a lot of jump scripts. For me, when I compare methods to ski in T1 versus say T2C I am looking at how its done stock without any jump scripts or happyjump. Skiing stock in T1 is far more difficult than skiing in T1 using jump scripts and especially with happyjump. Obviously its preferable these days to have more of the auto jump skiing than the old T1 stock method of skiing.

I was mentioning that because there are discussions about how skiing in T2 or TV is easier than T1. Yes its easier to ski in T2C compared to stock T1. But for me, if you use happyjump specifically it makes skiing in T1 almost as easy as it is in T2 or TV. I dont think thats a bad thing. I just think if you argue about skill level of skiing in T1 versus T2C I'm going to assume you don't use happyjump. I am in no way an elite player and I don't play much T1 these days. I will say this. If I play T1 and use happyjump its like night and day for me. I can ski effortlessly with happyjump. If I go stock its like 1998 again and I'm calling for an APC pickup.

Mindflayer I'm going to dub you my official interpreter. ;)

And with that whole post I'm ALMOST convince you never even played Tribes.

Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back