New Exciting Star Citizen Thread

I need like 5 video cards duct taped together.

I got this bro - all 5

288a5o8.jpg

Full presentation. Skip to 6:30 if you want to see the planetary landing.

alright so that was pretty nice

i think it may be slight overkill with landing on everything everywhere right away, thought that was gonna be dlc or something
hence feature creep and 2 year delay maybe

They just need to release SQ42, that would quell a lot of the unrest. It's just a unique production in that they're creating multiple different things in parallel.

the only reason the timetable is fucked is they can't stop adding and promising new ships and features and just work on the fucking game for some reason

it's already way beyond what many people initially pledged for

I can just about GUARANTEE they will reveal a new ship .jpg worth at least $200 and announce a new feature that never was initially planned to be in the game at the gamescom presentation and it will grow the development timeline even more.

there have been no new features promised. every feature they showed or talked about today was in the original kickstarter. they do introduce new ships, but maybe you are under the impression that these ships will be available when the persistent universe (aka full game) is out, which is not correct.

Star Marine was a shit show and probably the biggest knock I have against the development right now. Why you would hand that over to some 3rd rate studio I have no idea.

alright so that was pretty nice

i think it may be slight overkill with landing on everything everywhere right away, thought that was gonna be dlc or something
hence feature creep and 2 year delay maybe

Procedural tech was promised at the $40 mill stretch goal. Stretch goals/Promised features/Feature creep was put to a halt two years ago @ $65 mill. Things that were spoke of as feature creep were just "interesting" possibilities spoke of by Roberts in his weekly 10 for the chairmen and weren't promises. No stretch goals have been added (as far as I'm aware) past the $65mill stretch goal. Most of what Roberts talked about in his 10 for chair were features already set in stone.

As far as DLC and the stretch goals go, I think a lot of people would go ballistic if stretch goals promised under funding came out in paid DLC. The community expects promised features to be added as the game develops. Might not stop RSI from separating some of those features in DLC though. Who knows.

A great many people get a hard on landing anywhere they want on a planet. Could give them cover from escaping from stalking pirates, etc or they just want to fuck around. People get more excited at the potential over all.

Some of the problems people inside and outside of the game might have is the priority this is all being accomplished in. "This was promised way back and this was suppose to come later!" I don't care myself. I've only invest $110.00 in the game and check out the reddit once a week.

The video Evil E posted encapsulates p well the over all shit fest part. If anything, it has been most entertaining but while all that is going on a game is being built and what they felt comfortable in showing was shown in GC and I liked it.

The floral and fauna and oceanic aesthetics wasn't shown for planets this time but it is there (Shown in a German mag) and will probably be shown @ Citizencon.

Here's the full GC show.

Last edited:
Contrubuting to this game is a lot like buying lottery tickets. Your never going to win or play a game, but you get to sit around and dream about what you would do if outcome turned out positive.

Hopefully you can turn off all the fucking animations. Id probably punch the screen after the 10th climb up ladder open door adjust chair push button animation

just stay in first person and you will never see it?

I'm just confused how adding guns to the current game would break everything. You can run around and climb on shit, but the moment you add weapons to an FPS engine it breaks? I haven't really followed the Star Marine disaster since it got canned though so maybe there is something I don't know.

That demo was great. A fresh injection of hype reinvigorating the wild imaginings of all the fans resulting in an increase in ship sales not to mention that expectations are certainly both off and on the planet. I love it.

Second Life in Space is a go hahaha.

The best part is that the drama surrounding this whole thing will continue and the comedy will continue to flow.

Best game ever.

My fave part was the extended mission interface consisting of long walks and elevators.

I bet people really believe they are gonna be living in Star Wars the movie.

Chris Roberts ought to start selling RSI Porta Loos...

31o62v345UL.jpg

i have to admit, that demo was pretty fucking awesome

i can't wait to play this when i'm 65

Back