New Exciting Star Citizen Thread

im ok with updates on how this game is still vaporware

the updates reliably trigger star citizen neverending charity drive donors and make me feel better about myself

Idk dude you are the one who always bumps this thread then makes a bunch of back to back posts of screencaps from the sc forums. Show that I'm wrong and I'll change my mind, otherwise settle down

Don't change your mind lest you end up not retarded. You won't have any excuse then.

Big Spenders Speak
big_bucks.jpg

i predicted NMS would be trash despite the extreme extreme x9999 fanboism
i successfully predicted success/fail for tons other game
i predict SC will be a huge success despite all the idiots hating on it now

theres no way SC will ever be released as a final product

the only reason anything has been released at all is to avoid class action lawsuits/a hitman contract/lynch mob. the game has generated over 100m, yes they can spare a couple M to release an alpha and other assets.

further anyone that "predicted the failure of NMS" is full of shit unless they qualified that statement with "because of lying devs." had the game included 1/2 to 2/3 the features promised in the run-up NMS would be an all out success

Last edited:
i predicted its failure based on the fact it was proc gen and the size of the dev team and therefore how its impossible to make the game promised. this was like 2 years ago on tw somewhere, whatever the NMS thread was.

SC is far different since it has done and demonstrated what its promised so far, despite delays... and has 1000x more meat than NMS. the size of the SC dev team is also massive in comparison.

delays are perfectly fine, and expected... whats inexcusable are unrealistic promises and worse, lies.

i definitely think any1 buying virtual ships for thousands or even hundreds is a fukin retard tho. but hey, youre supporting the game... so thx for that :shrug:

Last edited:
further anyone that "predicted the failure of NMS" is full of shit unless they qualified that statement with "because of lying devs." had the game included 1/2 to 2/3 the features promised in the run-up NMS would be an all out success

permitting moons to orbit closer to their planets than Newtonian physics would allow. When he desired the possibility of green skies, the team had to redesign the periodic table to create atmospheric particles that would diffract light at just the right wavelength.

Some people want to be lied to (for reasons I will never comprehend)

theres no way SC will ever be released as a final product

the only reason anything has been released at all is to avoid class action lawsuits/a hitman contract/lynch mob. the game has generated over 100m, yes they can spare a couple M to release an alpha and other assets.

the alpha is available with many ships, right now is a free fly weekend, so even if you haven't contributed you can check things out. and what do you mean by assets?

Also, what is your definition of "final product"? Squadron 42 is set to be released holidays this year (barring pushback). with the full persistent universe planned for 2017. that would be considered the final product in my eyes, so estimated 2017 for the entire game, holiday 2016 for single player game. but for all intents and purposes there is no set end time for producing ships, weapons, armor, or ground vehicles. those are all planned for constant releases for the forseeable future.

the only reason the timetable is fucked is they can't stop adding and promising new ships and features and just work on the fucking game for some reason

it's already way beyond what many people initially pledged for

I can just about GUARANTEE they will reveal a new ship .jpg worth at least $200 and announce a new feature that never was initially planned to be in the game at the gamescom presentation and it will grow the development timeline even more.

Last edited:
Back