T:V Purchases

What are your thoughts on Tribes: Vengeance?

• Bought the game and like it.

Votes: 839 44.8%
  • Bought the game and DON'T like it.

Votes: 152 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 149 8.0%
  • Haven't bought, but plan on it.

Votes: 436 23.3%
  • Haven't bought, DON'T plan on it.

Votes: 297 15.9%

• Total voters
mc-fine said:
Funny thing is I never liked the Shrikes. Didn't like the oversteer/delayed response feeling. Only made things worse when there was lag or low fps. Handling didn't feel firm and responsive. I'm not particularly fond of the Assault Pod either because of its very limited forward momentum and feels rather clumsy. Too much hover not enough foward.

T2 bomber I enjoyed using. I liked the little painted reticle for dropping bombs. However its guns were useless for protection against Shrikes. T:V bomber suffers from the same hover problem as Assault pod. Inaccurate means of aiming but is much better equipped to handle air threats.

Raptor + Cicada > everything.

The pod can acctually be very quick if you get a descent amount of height then hold ski while going forward. You'll start moving down, but it gets a descent forward thrust.

pyrot3chnic said:
The pod can acctually be very quick if you get a descent amount of height then hold ski while going forward. You'll start moving down, but it gets a descent forward thrust.

yeah.. you can go forward fast without all the altitude you just gotta look up at the sky and hit ski and it will negate most of the downward momentum while maintaining the speed. Problem is if you are trying to chase down a capper you are starring at clouds and can't see where you are going or whats happening in front of you.

Gmankuza said:
The person you control is like a vehicle in the sense that you can ski and jet. Why add more and more layers of vehicles on top?

It almost seems liek you bitch about all games and blame bad development on the issues YOU have with the game.

Excuse me? Have you read the posts? Doesnt sound like it.

Layers of complication is what some of us enjoy. These layers involve players, not gadgets. Not all enjoy this. But that doesnt mean that I am making design demands. I'm not. (Unlike some. Bad idea IMO. Play the retail).

I havent bitched about a single game bud. Not one. I do have issues with people though. People that dont read posts and post off point mindlessness like this for example. I also have issues with the attitudes of the people around UT:XMP devel to be fair. (Make the mistake of asking when it will be finished withing a year plus or minus and you will see what I mean. The answer is STFU).

All games is it? I own but dont plan on even playing T:V and I am being a cheerleader for T:V. You would know that if you had read my posts I suspect.

(I have no idea what "... blame bad developement on the issues YOU have with the game" even means. I dont recall criticizing developement. (UT:XMP will be terrific. And they have pissy attitudes)

Do me a favor will ya? Show me where I said one disparaging thing about a game. It's some of the people that I am avoiding by not playing MP. You have no idea just how much I cant stand some of them. (Too many years of shazbot to be honest. Not healthy, so I wont do MP. That's my choice)

JimBodkins is actually one of the few ppl on here who can express their opinions without being an obnoxious shazbot faced troll. I respect his opinion.

Validuz said:
I think the vehicles are TOO useful. Shrike was powerful in T2... but it wasn't a "1v1" dueling mechanism like the overpowered bomber and pod are now. There were wayts to use it efficiently and ways to counter it efficiently, without it taking (too much) away from the goal of the game; ctf.

Pubs greatly affect the longevity of the game's competition... and all I see in pubs, is a bunch of jerkass pointwhores jumping in vehicles as fast as they can, and causing a bunch of chaos/shazbot gameplay. At least in T2... people used them for capping/defending the flag.

Shrike is 10 times more powerful than any bomber or pod in TV

WorstAim said:
You should add an option on that says, Won't buy it because the $500.00+ upgrade isn't worth a $50.00 game.

You are gonna need to upgrade your heap of junk sometime. New game is always gonna be more demanding. Its not even like this is a new engine. UT2k3 has been out for years so you already know what kind of performance to expect. I paid $350 a year and half ago for an upgrade that handles this game quite well.

mc-fine said:
You are gonna need to upgrade your heap of junk sometime. New game is always gonna be more demanding. Its not even like this is a new engine. UT2k3 has been out for years so you already know what kind of performance to expect. I paid $350 a year and half ago for an upgrade that handles this game quite well.

actually, i find the game very playable with my older systems on medium setting which looks fine too me. unlike previous versions (T2 especially), you can play quite competitively without an upgrade.

On a first note its like our own personal debate (presidential debates going on), and yes I know I am going to get flamed by some of you less mature people for the following. You mentioned that alot of t1 players arn't playing T:V even though it is more they're style of game, why would you expect them to.... I mean these are the same guys who refused to support the franchise with t2, why now all of a sudden T:V. They are out for themselves not a community or a game, if they get what they want thats all that matters. I have to disagree with you on one thing, this series has not been givin back to the t1 guys, it has accually once again split the community into more peices as you will see once mods begin to be released. The only thing holding everything together right now is the HOPE that some more decent competition maps will be made, and I think they will be. Just a couple of thoughts.....

slut said:
Shrike is 10 times more powerful than any bomber or pod in TV
Not when your V-pad is down. I'm not talking about shazbottyass Base here, I'm talking about Classic (the only mod/gameplay that mattered in T2).. in which cappers could pass shrikes.

Raming was still powerful, but it DEFINITELY wasn't a dueling (1v1 style) device, like the newbie-shazbot pod (AND bomber) is now.

jmomandown said:
On a first note its like our own personal debate (presidential debates going on), and yes I know I am going to get flamed by some of you less mature people for the following. You mentioned that alot of t1 players arn't playing T:V even though it is more they're style of game, why would you expect them to.... I mean these are the same guys who refused to support the franchise with t2, why now all of a sudden T:V. They are out for themselves not a community or a game, if they get what they want thats all that matters. I have to disagree with you on one thing, this series has not been givin back to the t1 guys, it has accually once again split the community into more peices as you will see once mods begin to be released. The only thing holding everything together right now is the HOPE that some more decent competition maps will be made, and I think they will be. Just a couple of thoughts.....

... or getting what they want/demand ... ignore it entirely. You have a point.

I would like to see those that are 'all that and more' actually bring it instead of remake it.

Validuz said:
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7298934#7298934

Btw, there should've been a voting option:
"Bought the game, but think it needs serious adjustments"

I think most would vote that, instead of "like it" or "hate it". Hell, I like it.. but I hate some of the features/gameplay. Get meh?

I agree with you.

I have the game, will play the game, but that doesn't mean there aren't major issues with it.

Game is too demanding system wise. Requiring CD in the tray is only more wear and tear on an already drained system while playing.

Graphics are great, but would rather give up graphics for playability any day of the week. I play with med graphics as is. Would be great if they would add and option to turn off weather.

Deployables are rediculous and next to useless.

Deployable mines are the worst thing I have seen for a long while. I can see limits...but one at a time.... thats just silly.

Turrets I can see coming from a separate station, but to actually have enough turrets for a map (which you don't) you would need an awfully big base just to have room for the stations. Would be better to just have one station to get deployable turrets from.

Auto base turrets are needed in a bad way. Manned ones look nice but are not very effective.

A selection of deployable turret types would be nice.

Left as they are... respawn times on deployables is way to long. Half what it is would be better.

Too few weapons. Too few weapons slots.

Packs are not that useful when the active effect wears off so fast and take so long to be used again. While they help a tiny bit you may as well play with no pack at all.

Repair pack is way to slow to do any good when you really need the health. Healthkits should be able to be used by the player carrying them.

The barriers around the map perimeters need to be moved to the very edges of the maps. The maps are too closed in, removing roles for the medium roamer and the light snipers.

One fact we learned from Tribes past was totally overlooked. When the bases on a map are not the "same" base, one team always gets an advantage. Using the same base for all teams on a map evens things out alot better.

Just my opinion, which you all may not agree with, but my opinion all the same. I will be playing TV even with its faults, but I can't help but notice.

Last edited:
Bought the game and love it. I pubbed T1. Played T2 from june 2001 on til this past summer. Was on some base teams on TWL (IE ZH and Team Peanuts) liked base, and some classic teams on TWL (Nova Storm and Stix), loved classic. I LOVE T:V. I like all three Tribes versions and plan on competing in T:V to. They each seem to be just different enough to keep me interested in the series and excited. Thats not to say some minor things don't need fixed or that I cant find anything that needs a script to change it (IE reticles). :D T:V rocks though overall and I am glad its not exactly like the past ones. New challenges, new things to learn. Just my opinion.

Back