T:V Purchases

What are your thoughts on Tribes: Vengeance?

• Bought the game and like it.

Votes: 839 44.8%
  • Bought the game and DON'T like it.

Votes: 152 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 149 8.0%
  • Haven't bought, but plan on it.

Votes: 436 23.3%
  • Haven't bought, DON'T plan on it.

Votes: 297 15.9%

• Total voters

Colosus

my pronouns are..
Veteran XX
Ok. Enough with the guessing and assumptions. State your opinion in this poll and make any comments you wish about the game.

But how can I realistically say that I plan on buying it before getting enough reviews on the MP portion?
I chose "Haven't bought, but plan on it." but it's all up to how good the MP turns out to be.

Still tweaking my new FX53 machine. That new memory by Corsair which runs at 2225 timings doesn't run that fast with AMD processors. Went on their site and read other posts of similar problems. Everyone has to relax their timings. Mine are at 2336 and now I can install the OS and get going, then I'll buy.

Where's the "Bought the game and LOVE it" option?

T:V rocks, hard. Anyone that even halfway liked T1 or T2 owes it to themselves to pick this up.

Bought it and having a great time with it. Really enjoyed the single player, logged a lot of hrs already on MP. Its been a blast.

Single-player is very entertaining, and multiplayer is probably great as always (I haven't played retail MP yet).

This game is a worthy successor to T1.

I'm just waiting on bigger and better maps.

oh and which map did they say rained ash as the weather effect. I have my settings on low and probably dont see it.

I bought T:V Friday night Oct. 8th at EB Games here in Northern Illinois. I had already played the beta and the demo many times. Even played a few scrims on both. Sorry to say that I am disappointed in T:V.

I bought and played T1 the second week it was released. I played it competively as member of the enDless until T2 came out. I had pre-ordered T2 and my team is still playing it competitively on the BEML. I can remember both games having lots of patches and people complaining about different issues on both. Everything from cheats/hacks to gameplay to FPS. However, the one thing IMHO that both T1 and T2 had that seems to be missing from T:V is the game depth, uniqueness and functionality that made the two previous versions so addicting. T:V seems to play more like Quake or Unreal Tournament than Tribes (except for the spinfusor and jet packs) and doesn't provide that same yurning or desire for more and more.

However, as I stated, I have purchased the game and will play it because to me, one of the big parts of the overall gaming experiance is the team. Our team has been together a long time and we have developed many close friendships. With that I say that as long as we have the same core group of people playing, most of us will remain and play regardless of what game it is. I would think there are others that feel the same as I do and will purchase and play the game because that is the direction that their team is going. Don't get me wrong, I like the game but just don't see myself putting the time into it as I did with the other previous versions. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Last edited:
Back